Hey there! I hope you're all having a great Wednesday! I have to tell you how annoyed I am with the postal service in this country... I sent a package to my family about two weeks ago, and they still have not received it. Now, when I mailed it out, I had a slight communication problem with the postal workers... They didn't speak English and I don't speak German! So, we had to communicate primarily through the use of our hands... Lovely! Either way, I managed to let them know that I wanted to send the package to the U.S. and I wanted it to get there quickly... and I was pretty confident with the fact that they understood what I was saying... I mean, it's pretty self explanatory... or so I thought!
Now, two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the package to get to my family. I've been quite concerned considering that I've mailed things out from here before, and I've also received mail from the U.S., and it's taken about 1 week to get to where it's going... So, today I decided to find out what happened to the package. This time when I went into the post office, there was a woman working there that spoke a very small amount of English... So, I showed her my receipt and told her that the package still had not arrived. She then looked at the calendar and told me that it was ok... Why, you ask? Well, apparently, the men who helped me the first time decided to just ship the package to the U.S. instead of telling me that I could have it flown over to the U.S. (Now, being that I am from the United States, I just assumed that they always flew the mail... I quickly found out how wrong I was!) From what I learned today, the package that I mailed two weeks ago, is sitting somewhere in the middle of the ocean and it may not arrive in the U.S. for another 3-4 weeks... Great! Needless to say, when my family finally does get the package, the food may not be so tasty! :)
On another note, I'm looking for a little advice in today's blog... Brian and I were invited to a Halloween Party and costumes are required... Well, those of you that know us, realize that neither of us is too keen on the idea of dressing up for Halloween, and the costumes that we do have are at home, in Michigan... And being that they just recently (within the past few years) started celebrating Halloween here in Germany, their costume selections are very slim... You have your choice of Vampire, Witch, Princess, or Devil and they are outrageously expensive!! So, I'm now trying to come up with ideas for simple, easy-to-make costumes that we can wear to this party... Any ideas??? If so, please feel free to let me know... :)
Well, I'm off to bed... I hope you all have a great day! Miss you!
11 years ago


2 comments:
You could wrap toilet paper around yourselves and be mummies. Then you are all set for the bathroom!
-Cindi
Here are two ideas:
1. Wrap yourself up in alluminum foil and call yourself a "leftover"
2. Wrap yourself up in the colored clingwrap and go as a "jello shot"
Or you can just go to the Halloween party as Americans?! ;) ha ha
Love ya guys!
Post a Comment