Good Morning everyone! I was up bright and early this morning and thought I'd start blogging away... It looks like it's going to be a beautiful fall day outside, so I figured that I'd finish my blog, and then walk downtown and take some pictures of the lake and the Swiss Alps. I walked downtown yesterday and noticed how pretty it was down there, and I instantly knew that I wanted to go back and take some pictures... It was a clear, sunny day, so you could see the Alps very clearly across the lake, all of the leaves are turning colors, and it just looks and feels like fall (which is one of my favorite times of the year! :))... So, my goal for today, is to walk down to the lake to take some photos, so that I can share them with you... I know, sounds like a rough life doesn't it?! :)
On another good note, Brian found out that he doesn't have to work tomorrow, so he gets a three day weekend... yay! Apparently, it's Reunification Day here so everyone has the day off... And, no, it's not like in the U.S. where stores still remain open... Everything, except for restaurants and gas stations, close here. Brian wants to use the day to drive through the Black Forest, but I'm trying to convince him to go for a drive through all of the little towns by the lake to check out the colors... I always love driving up north during this time of year and seeing all of the colorful leaves, and since I (unfortunately) can't go home to do that this year, I figured we could take a drive around here to see what we can find. We'll see what happens... :) We're also supposed to be going to Konstanz for Oktoberfest tomorrow evening, so I'm pretty excited about that as well!
As for the not so good news... we found out yesterday that all of our things are still sitting at the dock in Northern Germany... ugh!! They sent Brian an email and informed him that our belongings will be arriving at some warehouse next Friday and from there, they will let us know when they will be placed onto the truck and driven down to us... Are you kidding me?! It should not take this long to get our things!! At this point we've waited 6 weeks, and now we're looking at another 2 -3 weeks! I was so frustrated when I found this out! I have honestly had it with MTU... They have not helped, in any way, to make this move easy... In fact, I feel like they've made it more difficult for us... I feel like MTU has moved us into this foreign country and then just left us here to fend for ourselves... It just doesn't seem right. :( They originally told us that our belongings would be flown here and they would arrive in two weeks, and then they messed that up and everything got shipped. They took forever to finally get us our car. And now, the German classes that they promised Brian that they would provide for us, are not going through... They are refusing to pay the five extra euro (basically $5) a session for me to take the lessons with Brian! We've also been dealing with the moldy kitchen in our apartment for about 5 weeks now and just yesterday we finally had someone come out to start the process of getting it fixed! I'm just frustrated with all that we've had to deal with and MTU hasn't really helped in any way... We're basically by ourselves in a foreign country, with a very limited amount of clothing, no personal belongings, and unable to speak the language... and MTU doesn't seem to care. Ok, I'm going to stop my ranting. :) I feel better after getting all of that out there though... so thank you for being good "listeners". :) Also, I really hope that you all realize that I am very thankful to have this opportunity, and I'm not, by any means, complaining about that! :) I just really wish that MTU would attempt to help make this move a little easier than it has been... :(
Ok, I'm off to head on down to the lake and take some pictures... I hope you're all having a good day! Miss you much!
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment