
Hey all! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this upcoming trip!! I've always wanted to go to London, and now I finally get to! :)
I'm currently in the process of doing all of the last minute packing and running around that comes before every trip... However, I have to say that packing for this trip has been significantly more difficult than I imagined... See, the airline that we're using only allows passengers to bring 15 kilograms (about 30 pounds) with them... Anything after that costs extra. Well, when we booked the tickets, Brian thought it would be ok if we just packed one suitcase for the both of us... which means that we're only allowed 15 kilograms of clothing and shoes between the two of us... yikes! (At that time, neither of us had any of our clothing here so it wasn't that big of a deal... but, now that all of my clothes have arrived, that's another story! :))For those of you that know me, I'm notorious for overpacking! I mean, I take a large suitcase AND a duffel bag with me when I just go to Chicago for the weekend! My philosophy has always been to overpack, because you just never know where you might end up and you always have to have the right outfit to wear for every occasion. :)
Needless to say, packing has been a struggle... I originally had six outfits (two for each day we will be there) but then I realized that Brian also has to put clothes into the suitcase... So, I had to downsize. At this point, after a couple of hours and big mess of clothes in the bedroom, I think I'm pretty much set... I only have three outfits packed (one for each day that we're there), a dressier outfit (just in case we go anywhere that we would need to dress up.. :)), and four pairs of shoes (you can never have too many shoes! :)). And there's still room left in the suitcase for all of Brian's things! I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with myself at the moment. :)
Well, I'd better go so that I can get all of my running around done... We promise to take LOTS of pictures so that we can share them with you when we return! :) I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! We'll be thinking of you! Miss you much!


1 comment:
Hope you had a great time in London and did a ton of shopping!
-Cindi
Post a Comment