After taking it down to the local bike shop to have the pedals put on it, I decided to take my new bike on a test ride, so I headed downtown... It was such a thrill to not have to walk! I felt like I could actually hear the song "Freedom" playing as I was riding down the sidewalk... and I made it to the downtown area in about a quarter of the time that it typically takes me to walk! I was oh, so happy!! :) Being that I still had alot of unpacking to do, I knew that I couldn't stay out very long, so I headed home and decided that I would try to convince Brian to go on a bike ride with me either that night or the following day...
On Saturday evening, we finally had the opportunity. We decided to ride our bikes to our friend's apartment, and I was all excited to take my bike and not have to walk. It was such a nice night for a bike ride and I was thoroughly enjoying myself... However, that feeling didn't last for very long... When we were about 3/4 of the way to the apartment, I heard a loud noise coming from the back of my bike, and then my peddles started going really fast. I called out to Brian and told him that I needed to stop and look at my bike. So, we checked it out and ended up seeing that it was.... completely broken. Go figure! I wait almost 8 weeks to get a bike and within the first two days of me having it, it breaks... Great! Apparently, in "technical terms", the bolt on the rear derailure broke, which caused the rear derailure to detach and go around the spokes somehow and get caught in the chain... Crazy! Needless to say, I was not a very happy camper...
Fortunately, I only had to go without the bike for one day. Brian was able to talk to one of his coworkers and they were able to fix the problem yesterday evening.... He's so good to me! :) So, as of today, I can officially ride my bike to the store and the gym... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't manage to break anything else. :) I'll let you know how it goes...
On that note, I'd better get going. I hope you have a great day! Miss you!


No comments:
Post a Comment