Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Night Grooving and Sky Diving...

Hey all! I'd like to start today's blog off by wishing a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dad!! I've been thinking of you and I wish I could be there to celebrate with you! :)

I can't believe that it's already Monday... The weekend seemed to just fly by! We originally thought that we would have a relaxing weekend with no plans; however, we ended up keeping ourselves pretty busy. On Friday night, we went out to dinner with Katrina and her boyfriend... and yes, I managed to get the apartment looking presentable. :) On Saturday, Brian and I decided to go to the Kletterhalle to go rock climbing, and we ended up climbing for almost 4 hours... And, I was able to get up some of the walls that I haven't been able to before... yay! :)

Saturday night proved to be quite interesting. We were invited to an event called "Night Groove"... The restaurants, coffee shops, and bars in the downtown area all participated. Each location hosted a different type of band... The bands played a variety of music, ranging from Hard Rock, Pop, Latin/Salsa, Reggae, etc... Basically, you purchased a ticket and you could go to each of the locations to listen to the different bands.... Pretty fun! The bands played until 2 a.m., and then they had DJ's playing music at two different dance clubs until 4 a.m. (And just to clarify, their bars/dance clubs can stay open until 7 a.m.... yikes! :))

The evening turned out to be pretty fun! I ended up running into a few of the women that I've been meeting for coffee, so it was pretty nice to see them out and about... We went to a few restaurants and bars and listened to the different bands. We noticed that the bands primarily played American music from the 80's and 90's... And it was funny to see the difference in culture... Most of the people there would get REALLY excited when certain songs came on (i.e. the song "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky, etc... )... Meanwhile, you would most likely not hear those songs at a bar in the U.S. and if you do, people definitely do not get excited about hearing them! :) So, it was just interesting to watch the difference between the two cultures on Saturday night... We definitely had a few good laughs! :)

On Sunday, we went to a skydiving facility with Eva and her boyfriend, Dominic, to watch him skydive. It was quite interesting, and it definitely peaked my interest, so now Brian and I are plotting a skydiving adventure for next year... We'll see if it actually happens. :) Brian actually got to go up into the plane with the skydivers (I was very jealous about that... especially considering that I had to sit on the ground and watch everything! :( ) Apparently, after all of the skydivers jump out of the plane, the plane does a nose dive and and does some crazy flying techniques so that it can get to the ground before all of the skydivers land... Brian claimed that it felt like he was on a long roller coaster ride... How fun! If we would have had more time, I definitely would have tried it out... Maybe next time. :)

Well, I'd better get going... It's almost time for bed. I hope you are all having a great Monday! Miss you much!


Brian and I at "Night Groove"... The night is still young. :)



Larra, me, and Katrina... The Americans at "Night Groove". :)

After Brian's flight on Sunday...

Brian sitting in the plane, ready for take off... He's kind of hard to see, but he was wearing the headset and everything... He looked like a professional! :)


That's Dominic on his way down...

No comments: