On Friday, we spent most of the evening getting everything put away... We finally managed to find a place for everything! It's so nice having our own things here now... It feels much more homier! Now, if only we could just ship our house over, along with all of our family and friends. :)
Saturday was spent running errands. Being that I haven't been brave enough to drive the car around here, I wait until the weekend to run most of our errands... That way, Brian can drive and it takes less time. :) That's right... I haven't started driving over here yet... I plan on driving eventually, but for now I'm still a little nervous, considering that I don't feel comfortable driving stick shifts, the roads are VERY narrow, and the people drive CRAZY around here (even worse than they do in Detroit)!! Until I learn, it just means that I'm stuck walking everywhere I go... I do get annoyed at times because it takes so long to get things done, but I'm trying to look at the fact that it's such good exercise! :)
On Saturday night we went over to the apartment of a fellow American... We met him (Casper) and his friend, Everest, at our gym a few weeks ago.... Casper is from Arizona and Everest is from Alaska, and they're both over here teaching English at a private school. We had a nice time chatting away about politics, the economy, life in Germany, etc. Brian claims that his favorite part of the evening was when they brought out the tortilla chips and salsa to snack on... We've been unable to find any time of "Mexican" food over here, and we've been going through some serious guacamole withdrawals! :)
Sunday morning we recieved a call from Maike inviting us to go on a hike in the Alps with her and her boyfriend, Norbert. And, of course, we jumped at the chance to go... I mean, how often do you get the chance to drive to Austria for the day and go hiking in the Alps?! :) We ended up driving to Bregenz, Austria and hiked up Pfander Mountain... It's about 3500 feet. Since we started later in the day, we decided to take a shorter route to the top. We ended up taking a route which was very steep, and it went straight up the side of the mountain... Let's just say that it wasn't a very leisurely stroll to the top... It felt like we were walking on a stairmaster for about two hours straight!! I have to say that I was very happy to get to the top! :) After all of the work to get up there, it ended up being a pretty view. Unfortunately, due to the cloud coverage, we were unable to see the view of the lake from the one side of the mountain... However, the view from the other side was great, and the fall colors were gorgeous! Here's a few pictures from our hike...
This building was dated 1513...
This is the view of Lake Bodensee... Unfortunately, the clouds were covering it. :)
On that note, I'd better run... I'm on my way to Media Markt and then to the gym. I hope you're all having a great Monday! Miss you much!


No comments:
Post a Comment