Happy Friday everyone! We don't have much in store for us this weekend... We figured we'd stick around here and be low-key this weekend, since we were fortunate enough to spend last weekend in London. :)
Yesterday I met up for coffee with some of the English-speakers I've met here... They used to only meet monthly, but we've decided to try to get together once a week for lunch, coffee, or even a walk. We've agreed that it's a good way to break up the week and, in a way, it's therapeutic... It's been really nice meeting with these women, because we're all kind of in the same boat. Their husband's have been transferred over for work, and they've all had to uproot their lives to come over here. It's been helpful to talk with them because they've all experienced the same things I'm experiencing (some have been over here for up to 14 years, while others have been here for 8 months). I guess it just helps to know that I'm not alone, and they've also been through the same type of emotional roller coaster that I've been going through... Because, let me tell you, there are some days where I feel like I've completely lost my mind! There's days where I wake up and I'm really happy to be here, and I feel adventurous and extremely thankful for having this opportunity, but then there's those days where I'm cranky for no reason, or I cry all day because I'm so homesick. Needless to say, it's definitely been quite a ride... And being able to talk about everything with these women has really helped! :)
Last night, Brian and I, along with Brian's coworker, Dominic, went to Ravensburg for the "European Outdoor Film Tour". Now, when I originally found out that we were going to this, I thought that we were going to watch European movies while sitting outdoors... Granted, I though it might be a little chilly, but it sounded pretty fun... Well, I quickly found out how wrong I was! Instead of sitting outside, we sat inside of a very old Opera House (which was gorgeous, by the way!) and instead of watching European movies, we watched movies about people who do extreme sports in Europe and in the U.S.... Not exactly what I originally expected, but, nonetheless, it was quite fun and pretty interesting! And, fortunately, portions of the movie were in English, so we were able to understand half of what was going on! :)
One more thing... thank you to everyone who posted ideas for Halloween costumes! There were some very original ones! :) I'll let you know what we decide on... :)
Well, I'd better run... I have to run some errands, go to the gym, and then finish cleaning this apartment... We're going to dinner with Katrina, the other American who Brian works with, and her boyfriend and they're meeting us here, at the apartment... This will be the first time we've had anyone over to this place, primarily because we're both so embarassed with what it looks like! :) So, I'm currently in the process of straightening up and attempting to make it look "presentable"... Wish me luck! :) I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Miss you much!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment