Hey folks! Hope you're having a great Wednesday! This is probably going to be a very short post today, as my computer is really acting up... Hence the reason for not blogging yesterday. I almost finished writing my blog yesterday, and I was just getting ready to post it, and suddenly my computer crashed... lovely! And now today, it's having a hard time just staying on... It keeps shutting down on me... Ugh! So, needless to say, I'm going to type fast! :)
We had our German class again this morning. On Monday, we learned alot of vocabulary words, so today, our instructor wanted us to simply practice talking... Now, if this was back in the U.S., I would have been extremely happy to oblige! As most of you know, I tend to be quite a chatterbox, so having an excuse to talk during class is great! :) However, when it comes to me speaking German, that's an entirely different story! The German language is not the easiest language to learn... They have different ways of setting up their sentences (e.g. when asking a question, the verb comes first in a sentence, but when making a statement, it goes someplace else... ), they assign an article to every noun in their vocabulary (some nouns are considered feminine, some are masculine, and some are neutral... and you have to figure out which ones are which), and then some of the sounds in their language are unlike any sound I've ever had to make in my lifetime!! So, when it comes to speaking in German, I tend to get extremely tongue-tied. There have literally been moments during our class, when our instructor asks us something in German, and I simply look at her like a deer in headlights... Too confused to even get any words out of my mouth... Lovely! For some reason, when I hear people speaking German, I tend to panic and then I can't even make sense of any words that they are saying... Needless to say, I've got alot of studying ahead of me... oh joy! And, to make matters worse, I was actually making fun of Brian the other day for being so "studious"... He had made flashcards and was taking studying so seriously, so I told him that he was being such a "engineer" (they tend to be very "studious"... :)). But, now it looks like I'll actually have follow his lead, because it looks like he might be on to something when it comes to studying German... Great! :)
After class today, I met up with the English-speaking women for lunch... After speaking (or at least attempting to speak) German all morning, it was rather nice to speak English. :) And, now I'm off to the gym, and then Brian and I have to go pick up our translated Marriage License... In order for me to get my visa, we had to have our Marriage License translated into German, and I just received the call today that it's been completed... So, now we just have to pick it up and then I'm one step closer to getting my visa... woohoo!
I hope you all have a great day! Miss you much!
11 years ago


2 comments:
HA! HA! So, I just pictured you spitting in your tutor's face as you learn the lovely language of German!! :) Have fun learning the language. Love ya and miss ya!!
I only know one phrase in German and it is not appropriate!
-Cindi
Post a Comment