Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be an American!!

Hey all! What an exciting day it's been! Brian and I started our day early this morning... We woke up around 6 a.m. (which is about midnight in Michigan...) so that we could see the results of yesterday's election. We were hoping to find that Obama won... and lucky for us, we ended up turning the t.v. on right as Obama was about to give his acceptance speech... so, we were able to watch the whole thing! Yay!! :) I have to say that he gave a fantastic speech, and it was such a historic moment for the U.S.! I also have to admit, that watching Obama give his speech in Grant Park in downtown Chicago (which many of you know, is my favorite city!!) made me somewhat homesick, and extremely envious of all of the people who were able to be there!! :)

After the initial excitement of waking up and finding out that Obama will be our new president, Brian and I got ready and headed off to our first German class. Wow! What an interesting class that was... Let's just say, learning German will most likely be quite challenging for us! :) We worked on the vowel sounds and a few verbs today... Just trying to make some of the sounds is a task in itself... Their language is very "gutteral", meaning that many of the sounds come from the throat, and those that don't come from the throat, sound alot like the "sh" sound... I kept trying to sound out the words and make the sounds, and to be quite honest, I felt like I was spitting at our instructor for most of the session... Great! :) Needless to say, learning the German language will definitely be interesting! :)

After class, I headed to the gym, ran some errands, and cleaned the apartment... so it's actually been quite a busy day. Now, I just have to get dinner together, and then Brian, Maike, and I are heading off to go to the Kletterhalle to go rock climbing for a few hours... fun! :) I hope you have a great day! Miss you much!

No comments: