Hey all! I hope you had a fabulous Thursday. I fully intended to have this blog finished early this morning, but somehow the day flew by, and I'm just now getting the opportunity to write anything... crazy!I had the opportunity to meet another English-speaking person today... I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of English-speaking people in this area!! It's definitely helped to make the adjustment process a little easier. :) I made contact with this woman through a website that they have over here. The website gives information about the area and different events and groups that they have here. I posted a question on the website when we first arrived here in August, asking if there were any English-speakers in the area. After I posted it, I didn't hear anything until just recently when this woman, Sarah, emailed me. She explained that she's from Scotland and that she and her husband have been here since February. They're in their mid-thirties and they have a two month old daughter. She then asked if I would be interested in meeting for coffee. So, we set up a meeting for today... and we had a great time! She's very pleasant to talk to and she said that she hasn't had too much luck meeting English speakers over here... she was quite shocked when she heard how many English-speaking people I've met since moving here. :) Either way, she's planning on joining me the next time our English-speaking group gets together for lunch or coffee... It'll be nice to add another member to our constantly expanding group! :)
After meeting Sarah for coffee, I headed back to the apartment to meet up with Maike and Katrina (the American who works with Brian). We then headed to Konstanz to do a little shopping... yay! :) We spent the evening shopping in downtown Konstanz and at the mall, called Lago. Being back inside of a mall made me realize how much I miss shopping in the U.S.! :) I have to admit that I don't have much luck shopping here, being that everything is so outrageously expensive!! I tend to stick with window shopping... I figure that with the money I save by not buying things over here, I'll be able to go on a massive shopping spree when we come back to the U.S. in December... hee, hee! :)
Well, I'd better get going... It's time to get some sleep. I have to wake up early tomorrow so that I can help paint props for the upcoming play that is being put on by the English-speaking theatre group... That's right, I've somehow managed to get roped into helping with the props. Apparently, the shirt that I painted for Brian to wear to the Halloween party, made an impression on the people in the theatre group... For some reason, they seem to think I'm "artistic" and they've asked me to help... If only they knew! :) I guess we'll see how it goes... It'll definitely be an interesting experience. :)
I hope all is going well for you! Miss you much!


No comments:
Post a Comment