Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

Dinner and a Movie...

Happy Friday to you all! I spent most of the day today painting... And, I have to say, that it was actually quite fun. :) Val and I arrived at the theatre around 9 a.m. and we were given directions about what our task for the day was... We had to paint 4 big panels and a doorframe. Luckily for us (and for them! :)) we only had to paint them one color and it didn't involve us being artistic in the least. :) Being that I've done my fair share of painting over the years, it was quite an easy task. There were about four of us, and we spent the morning painting and chatting away.... I know, such a tough life I have over here! :)

I also learned a little history while I painted. The building that we were in was part of an old army barrack that the French Army used during the War. Apparently, there is an entire tunnel system underneath the barracks... I, of course, asked if we could go see it, but unfortunately I wasn't able to today... The woman in charge wasn't too familiar with the underground tunnel... But, she did tell me that she would get in touch with the gentleman who is familiar with the it, and then I can go have a look for myself... Very cool! :)

Once we finished painting, the woman in charge (her name is Sharon, she's from Canada, and she's lived here for 11 years) invited us over to her apartment for coffee and sandwiches... So, we spent the afternoon there... I'm actually very happy that I managed to get myself talked into helping out, because they're such a friendly group of people and I've enjoyed getting to know them. :)

Brian and I are now getting ready to head out for dinner and a movie... That's right, we're actually going to the movies here... yay!! We found out that the new James Bond movie is being shown here in English, so we immediately got online and purchased tickets for tonight! From what we've been told, they show a movie in English about every three months... and it's usually a very popular movie, which means that they sell out extremely fast. (For example, the last movie they had in English was Sex and the City, and I'm sure you all know how big that was! :)). Once we found that out, we immediately got online to buy tickets... and that was quite an adventure considering that the website was all in German... lovely! :) Needless to say, it took a long time to try to "decode" the website and figure out how to actually purchase tickets... But, we finally managed and we were quite proud of our accomplishment. It was kind of funny to translate the information on the website from German to English... We'll just say that some things are literally lost in translation... For instance, after we purchased our tickets, a paragraph popped up onto the screen, which (after translation) informed us that we are to "fetch our bought tickets at the fetching automat in the entrance hall". I have to say, that's definitely not something you hear everyday, and what exactly is a "fetching automat"?! :)

On that note, I'm going to head on out... Brian and I are off to "fetch" our tickets to James Bond at the "fetching automat"... whatever that might be! :) I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! Miss you much!

No comments: