Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Berlin... Here We Come!

Hey all!  Happy Friday to you!  I just wanted to wish you all a fabulous weekend!  We're currently getting ready to leave for Berlin... yay!  We have a nice long drive in store for us... It takes about 7 - 8 hours to get there... yikes!  I'm also going to be in a car with three engineers, so I'm guessing that I probably won't take part in most of the conversations, considering that I won't have any idea what they'll be talking about the majority of the time. :) My guess is that I'll probably pass my time by studying German, doing a little reading, and the most obvious of all, sleeping!  (For all of you who have ever traveled with me, you probably already know, that if I'm not the one driving, then sleeping is what I do best during a road trip! :))  

Since I'm not too familiar with Berlin, I've been online looking at all of the things to do and see there, and I found that Berlin has alot to offer!  Needless to say, I'm sure we won't have time this weekend to fit everything in... but, we'll give it a good try. :)  The sites that I'm looking forward to seeing the most are the remains of the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, and the German Parliament Building... I also got quite excited when I found that Berlin is known for great shopping... Unfortunately, since I'm traveling with three guys, I'm pretty sure that shopping will be out of the question during this trip! :)  Oh well, maybe next time...   

Well, I'd better get going... Brian will be home any minute and then it's time to head out.  I promise to take lots of pictures so I can share them with you all when we return!  Have a great weekend!  Miss you much!

No comments: