Hey all! It finally happened... Winter has arrived in Friedrichshafen!! Yay!! I woke up this morning to 7 inches of snow on the ground... This is what I saw when I looked out the window this morning...
Brian and I had a pretty good weekend. I spent Saturday in Stuttgart with Maike... We had a great time! :) We took the train into the city, and then spent the day shopping and wandering around. They had a Starbucks there, which made me extremely happy! We strolled through a Christmas Market that was being set up, and Maike explained some of Germany's Christmas Traditions. We went to a mall that was actually a very old building which had been gutted out and turned into a mall. Maike showed me the Palace in the middle of the city... what a gorgeous building! We ate dinner at a sushi restaurant that had a running sushi bar... That was a very cool experience! :) Not only was the food delicious, but I can't say that I've ever eaten at a restaurant where the food is continuously going past me... :) We had an interesting train ride back to Friedrichshafen... We were befriended by a homeless man who spoke English, and once he realized we spoke English, he wouldn't stop talking to us... Great! We finally were able to get him talking about Obama, McCain, and the election, and after that he lost focus and wandered into another part of the train... We were quite thankful for that! :) Although, I do have to admit that I was slightly jealous of the man... His English was waaaaaay better than my German!! :)
On Sunday, Brian and I spent most of the day studying our German... Fun, fun! We then went to dinner with some of Brian's coworkers who were in town from the U.S. It was great to see a few familiar faces again! :)
Today was another pretty busy day... It's 11 p.m., and I'm just now able to start blogging... Although, with me being such a busy body, I'm definitely not complaining about being so busy today... I love to constantly be on the move! :) Well, considering that tomorrow looks like it's going to be another busy day, I'd better get to bed. I have to get up pretty early so that I can catch the train to the next town over, to meet up with someone. We're planning a day of shopping in Ravensburg tomorrow... Fun, fun! :) And then Brian, Maike, and I plan to go rock climbing in the evening... yay! Well, I'm off... I hope you're all doing well! Miss you much!!


No comments:
Post a Comment