Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Visit to the Therme...

Hi!  It's another rainy day here today... bleh!   It's only been raining for the past two days, but I'm already wishing the sun would come out again. :)  Although, I know most of you back home have been dealing with rain for days on end, so I should probably stop complaining. :)  My friend, Alex, and I actually took advantage of the cold, rainy day yesterday, and we headed to the Therme Meersburg, which is a bathing and sauna facility (Click here if you would like to check out their website.  When you get to the site, you will have to click on the small British flag on the right side of the page to translate it into English).  The facility has an indoor thermal pool (it's actually built over a natural hot spring), which connects to an outdoor pool that offers a panaramic view of Lake Constance (the lake we live on).  The pool also has massage jets and "whirl recliners" located throughout it as well.  There was also a jacuzzi located to the side of the pool.  The facility also consists of a sauna area, as well as a spa area.

Alex and I stayed within the area of the thermal pool, and I have to say, it was VERY nice! :)  We pretty much lounged around in the pool, and we would occasionally  swim outside to enjoy the view of the lake... It was so peaceful and relaxing to look out across the lake, while lounging in a nice, warm thermal pool. :)   The only thing that took away from that moment of zen, was when I looked out towards the lake, and witnessed a group of naked people (all ages and shapes) running out into the lake and swimming.  It definitely caught me off guard, and I was at a loss of words for a moment! :)  When Alex noticed the confused expression on my face, she realized what I had seen, and pointed out that they have a sauna facility located in a different building, where clothing is optional... Hmmmm. (Apparently, this is quite a common occurance here in Germany... nude beaches, nude saunas, etc... They're very open about their bodies here.)  Needless to say, I won't be going there anytime soon! :)  

There were lounge chairs placed around the pool area, so when we had enough of the water, we would head to the chairs to read our books and magazines.  Because of it being a natural hot spring, the facility is very warm and humid, which made it quite easy to doze off every now and then while sitting in the lounge chairs. :)   Overall, it was such a nice and very relaxing day.  Alex and I were definitely not ready to head back into the rain and cold to catch the bus afterwards!  I am very much looking forward to going back again sometime in the near future! :)  (I read in one of the pamphlets that they are holding a manicure/pedicure in July... I'm thinking I might just have to take my sister, Stacy, there when she comes to visit during that time! :))

On that note, I have to head out into the rain.  It's time to go get some groceries for dinner tonight.  Hope you're having a great Wednesday!  Miss you much!

No comments: