Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

Sights and Sounds of Spring...

Hey all!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  Brian and I certainly enjoyed ours! :)  The weather was great, we spent time with friends, enjoyed the outdoors, and most importantly...  MSU won the Final Four game on Saturday night and we were able to watch it!!  Woohoo!! :)  I mean, you really can't ask for much more than that! :)

The weather here was absolutely gorgeous outside this weekend... high 60's and sunny (Sorry to all of you back home in Michigan... I'm honestly not trying to rub it in! :))...  On Saturday, Brian and I decided to be ambitious and we headed out for a bike ride to Lindau... It's a town located about 15 miles from here.  The bike route to Lindau is very scenic and it felt so great to be outdoors in the sun.  Well, about 45 minutes into our ride, Brian realized that his tire had quite a large hole in it and was not holding air all that well... So, we turned around and rode as quickly as we could (stopping every 5-10 minutes so that Brian could pump more air into his tire) back to the apartment.  Our goal was to get as far as we could before his tire was rendered completely useless...   Fortunately, we were able to make it all the way back to downtown Friedrichshafen, and from there we only had to walk about 40 minutes back to the apartment... It was definitely quite a trip! :)  

On Saturday night, we had some friends over to watch the MSU game (mind you, the game started here at midnight. :)).  A few of our friends had never watched a basketball game before, so we tried to quickly educate them on college basketball, the rules of basketball, the NCAA Finals, etc. before the game began...  That was quite a task! :)  Needless to say, we're not sure how well they ended up understanding everything, but they seemed to enjoy themselves so that was good enough for us! :)  

Brian and I spent Sunday enjoying the outdoors.  Brian spent the morning studying German outside on the balcony, while I sat out there and read a book and soaked up some sun (I know, such a rough life I lead at the moment. :)).  Around noon we walked downtown (we found a new walking path that takes us directly downtown... much more scenic and by the lake... so now we're taking full advantage of it!), and we were quite surprised when we arrived.  The downtown area was packed!!  Brian described it as that "it looked as if an alarm clock went off in the afternoon, and the town of Friedrichshafen officially woke up"... There were so many people just wandering around downtown, walking along the lake front, sitting in all of the cafes lining the waterfront... It was great to see!   You can definitely tell that summer is on its way... yay! :)  While we were downtown, we ran into our friend, Eva, and spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with her by the lake... Very nice! :)

Well, I have to get moving... I'm trying to get all of my cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping done this morning, so that I can do something outdoors this afternoon... It's supposed to be 68 and sunny! :)  Have a great Monday!  And make sure you cheer on the Spartans tonight... Let's hope they win the Championship!!   The game will be starting at 2 a.m. here, and I know I'll be up watching them! :)  Go Green!!  Miss you much!


During our bike ride on Saturday... pre-flat tire! :)


Finding out that we have to turn around because his tire is flat... :)



The daffodils are all in bloom... Easter is on its way! :)

Our new walking path to downtown that we discovered this weekend... Love the scenery! :)

Friedrichshafen is known for their zeppelin (similar to our Goodyear Blimp).  While we were sitting outside yesterday, it flew over our apartment.  A ride on this costs about $400!!


Eva and I down by the lake...

The "beach" in Friedrichshafen... Notice all of the rocks??

The Palace Church (Schlosskirche) is Friedrichshafen's famous landmark.  This is the view from the new path we discovered... :)

No comments: