Happy Wednesday to you all! I wanted to share a funny story from yesterday with you... Last night, after I returned from the gym, I headed for the shower. After finishing with my shower, I stepped out and heard this weird sound... It sounded like something was stuck in the metal shades on the outside of the window, and it was making a weird buzzing sound. (Now, a little background for the story... we have to crack the windows open in the bathroom when showering, as they have no ventilation in the bathroom here...). Now, I was slightly concerned about the noise, seeing as I wasn't sure what it was. Suddenly, I heard a "plop" on the windowsill. Now, I'm sure that many of you would have looked at the window to see what the noise was in a situation such as this. Well, I would have, but there was one small problem that I faced. I had taken my contacts out before I showered, and since this all occurred as soon as I got out of the shower, I hadn't had a chance to put my glasses on... Now, for those of you who know me, you know that I'm practically blind as a bat without my contacts/glasses! :) So, I immediately began searching for my glasses and upon finding them, I put them on. I turned and looked at the window, and to my surprise, I saw a HUGE red and black bug (I'm not exaggerating here... I think it was one of the largest bugs I've ever seen!!), and it was lying upside down on the window sill, turning in circles and trying to flip itself over... Eeeeew!! As soon as I saw it, I started yelling "Eeeew!" and attempted to exit the bathroom as quickly as possible! :) Well, Brian heard me and started asking me what all of the ruckus was about. I explained that a huge bug had flown into the bathroom, and I told him to come in and see for himself. At this point he started making fun of me for being scared of the bug... His response, as he walked back to the bathroom to see it, was, "Look at you. I thought you considered yourself a nature girl... Why are you so scared of a little bug??" He then started laughing... But, that quickly diminished as soon as he stepped into the bathroom and saw the bug I was referring to... HA! :) His first response, upon seeing it, was, "Whoa... That bug is huge!" I then asked him what he was going to do with the bug. (This is where it gets rather funny....) My big, bad, brave husband, who had been laughing at me only moments ago, was afraid of the bug! :) He suggested that we open the window, and try to toss it out. He then went out into the kitchen in search of something that we could use to pick the bug up with. He returned with, get this, a bank statement... Great! I opened the window, and he slowly approached the bug... and then completely chickened out!! :) He claimed that the bug was so big, it could practically attack him if he got too close... Nice! :) So, guess who got to go pick the bug up and toss it out of the window?? ME!! :) That's right, I had to dispose of the bug for my big, brave husband! :) Afterwards, Brian claimed that he'll clear the path of snakes for me any day, but when it comes to bugs that large, I'm on my own! :) We're still not completely sure what kind of bug that was, but I do hope that we never have to deal with one flying into our bathroom again! :)
On another note, I wanted to thank my wonderful family for the package full of American "goodies" that arrived in the mail for us yesterday!! We loved it!! :) The homemade basket from Kaden was precious!! I'm especially fond of the Ed Hardy shoes, and Brian is thrilled about his new remote! :) Anyways, we just wanted to say thank you! It meant alot to us and we really appreciate it!
Well, I'm heading out for a day of bike riding with a friend, so I'd better start getting ready. I'm leaving you with some pictures I took of our neighborhood while I was out walking yesterday... Enjoy some more scenes of springtime in Germany! Have a great day! Miss you!

The garden in the front of our house...
One of the many apple orchards in our neighborhood...
I made a friend... Meet Mr. Ed! :)
The cows were taking advantage of the warm, spring day... :)
I love these trees... They're so pretty! :)


1 comment:
haha. Love the bug story!! I can picture the two of you trying to figure out a way to get the bug out. haha. :)
Post a Comment