Happy Monday to you! I can't believe how quickly the weekend flew by! Brian and I took full advantage of the gorgeous spring weather, and we spent the majority of the weekend participating in outdoor activities... Very fun!
Saturday morning was spent driving around and looking for bike shops that carried the tires that Brian needed for his bike... You would think that they wouldn't be that difficult to find in a country such as Germany, considering that bike riding is HUGELY popular here! That wasn't the case for us... We looked through all of the bike shops in the area and not one of them carried the tires that Brian needed. After a while, Brian figured that he would have to order them online and have them shipped here. As we were heading back to the apartment, Brian spotted a small bike shop and we decided to pull in to check it out... We didn't have high hopes of finding the tires, but we thought we'd check to make sure... And, wouldn't you know, they had the tires... Whew!
Once Brian had the tires in hand, we continued our trip back to the apartment. On the way, I spotted a huge field full of tulips, and I convinced Brian to stop on the side of the road to take a picture. :) Well, as we walked up to the field, we found a sign saying that you could pick the tulips (for 50 cents each)... And they had a can sitting there to put the money in... How nice! Well, knowing me, I'm sure you can imagine how excited I got once I realized that we could pick our own tulips! :) So, I picked up one of the cutting knives they provided and I quickly began my search for tulips. :) I have to admit, it was quite fun cutting my own flowers, and before too long I had a pretty bouquet of fresh cut tulips.
On Saturday afternoon, Brian and I headed off to the Abenteuer Park (Adventure Park), which is located in the town next to ours. The Abenteuer Park is a obstacle/ropes course. They have a variety of courses set up throughout the woods and you can pick and choose which ones you'd like to complete. What a fun afternoon! We climbed along ropes strung between the trees, we went zipped down zip lines, we swung on ropes into huge cargo nets which we then had to climb up... It was great!! We ended up completing three of the courses, and we definitely plan on heading back soon so that we can tackle some of the other ones! :)
On Sunday we took a bike ride to Lindau. The weather was perfect for a bike ride... Blue skies, warm temperatures, flowers in bloom... you get the picture! :) The ride took us most of the afternoon, as it was about 30 miles round trip... Whew! And, even though it was quite a long trip, the scenery along the way made the ride seem to go so much faster. We rode through the cutest little lake-front villages, past various apple orchards and vineyards, and along the prettiest little bike trails that ran parallel to the lake! There were so many people out and about, the flowers were all in bloom, you could see the mountains clearly across the lake... I was able to witness, first-hand, just how beautiful the country of Germany is! And, I have to say, that at times, the view simply took my breath away. :) And, of course we took pictures, so I'm posting some on here so you can see for yourself just how beautiful the German countryside really is.
Well, I'm off to the grocery store and then to the gym. I hope you have a great Monday! Miss you much!
Our fresh-cut tulip bouquet... :)

I found a keeper! :)
Look at all the tulips!! :)
Do you know what this sign says?? :)
On my way down the zip line...
Notice the deep concentration... :)

Brian making his way over the helmets... :)
Brian walking the tight rope...
A view of the park...
Brian and I at the Abenteuer Park... Don't we look cute?! :)
Holy dandelions!! :)
The village of Langenargen...
One of the many apple orchards we rode through...


2 comments:
The tulip pictures are so pretty! I did a ropes course ages ago and I cried I was so scared!
-Cindi
Oh, we've got many more tulip pictures where those came from! :) Tulips are all over the place here... Love it!! I'll keep posting the pics for you! :) Sorry to hear about your fear of the ropes course... You should just come out here to visit us, and we'll help you to get over your fear of the ropes course! :)
Post a Comment