As I'm sure I've mentioned before, we had quite a few visitors during the months of September and October... :) Well, our last batch of visitors were my friends Sherry and Billy, and their absolutely adorable daughter, Norah. :) We had so much fun and shared so many laughs while spending time with them during their two week stay here! :) We tried to cram in as much as possible into those two weeks... And, I have to say that we managed to cover alot of territory during their time in Germany!! :) So, without further ado, here's a look into Sherry, Billy, and Norah's trip to Germany... (And, being that we had so many pictures, I've decided to split them up into a few different posts...) Enjoy!

Waiting for the train... We took them for their first German train experience on their first day in Deutschland! :)

We took them to our favorite restaurant, Pizzeria La Perla, on their first night... YUM! :)

Sherry, Billy, and Norah in front of the Church of Birnau...

And, of course, a trip to Birnau wouldn't be complete without me taking yet another illegal photograph inside. :)

Soaking up the view of the Bodensee... Aren't they the cutest family?! :)

Chillin' in the vineyards! :)

Norah holding her cross from the Church of Birnau... Isn't she precious?! :)

They were able to experience feeding the monkeys at Affenberg! :)

Too cute! :)


Norah was loving every minute of it... She loved the monkeys so much that she even decided to give them the bracelet she was wearing! :) (Just kidding... Funny story though... While they were watching the monkeys play, Norah dropped her bracelet, and a monkey ran over, picked it up, and ran off with it! :))

Sherry and I in Hagnau...


Hagnau... Such a quaint little German town... :)

Norah loved walking on the cobblestone streets! :)

Enjoying lunch at an outdoor cafe in Friedrichshafen! :)

They explored the city of Meersburg... :)


The Meersburg Castle... The oldest castle in Germany!

Billy and Norah wandering through the castle...

Striking a pose in Meersburg! :)

We also celebrated Billy's birthday while they were here! :)

We showed them the Friday Farmer's Market in Friedrichshafen... Such a wonderful place to visit! :)

We hiked up to Hohentweil Castle in Singen to explore some castle ruins...

The view of the castle...


The view of another castle ruin from where we were...

And, of course, whenever there's a castle ruin, I have to explore all of the nooks and crannies! :) Here, I managed to climb up to an old archway (or so I assume that's what it was)! :)

There I am, sitting on top of the arch... :)

Sherry, Billy, and Norah peeking out from an old window... Too cute! :)


Playing a little game of "Peek-a-Boo"! :)

The greatest friend (and hairstylist) a girl could ask for! :) Sherry and I have shared so many fun memories since our days at Cedar Point! :)

Brian and I at Hohentweil Castle... :)

I (heart) this photo of their family! :) It's totally a "Christmas Card photo"! :)

Precious!! :)

They experienced the horrors of Dachau Concentration Camp...


The sign at the entrance... "Arbeit Macht Frei", which means work will set you free... Obviously, in this case, it was not true... So sad.

A view of the rooms in the prison area...

The main building... And, the open area in front is where the roll call was held twice a day, irregardless of the weather conditions...

The ovens...

After spending the afternoon taking in all of the atrocities that occurred at Dachau, we opted for a more light-hearted way to spend the rest of the day... So we took them to one of our favorite places in Munich... The Hofbrauhaus, of course! :)


A traditional German band was providing some entertainment while we were there...

Sherry and Norah quickly made friends with the band! :)

Sherry, Billy, and Norah enjoyed some very traditional Bavarian treats... A masse of bier with a huge brezel! :)

Brian and I in one of our very typical poses! :)

Sherry and Billy were loving the German bier! :)

After dinner, we showed them one of the top Munich attractions... The Marienplatz! It was so pretty all lit up! :)

Sherry and I in front of the Marienplatz with our Starbucks! :)

The Marienplatz at night...
Stay tuned... More to follow! :)


4 comments:
Thank you to Kristin and Brian we had the trip of our LIFE!!! What an amazing job on the blog....you have a lot of energy Kristin! Thank you for posting them...we evjoyed them tons.
And I say Thank you, also. We, their neighbors, love seeing all the pictures of the places they saw. Great pics and great stories!
I've stay tuned for days now...come on where is part 2 already?! :) I love seeing the pics...especially of little adorable Norah! OMG she is so stinkin' cute! :) I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting on part 2 either...so quit slackin' and get busy posting more! hehe :) Love ya and miss ya! Just 5 more weeks and I get to see you..YAY! :)
@Billy - No problem... I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! :) The rest will be coming soon, as will your copies of all the pics! :)
@Wynne - Thank you for reading! :) I'm glad that you've enjoyed reading about Sherry and Billy's trip... We had so much fun with them while they were here!! I'll get more pictures and stories up very soon... I promise! :)
@Stacy - Dork! :) And, no worries, I got another entry posted today, so check it out and stop complaining! :) Actually, when I got your message, I had already started a post earlier in the day, but it was taking so long to upload all the photos, and I had to go into town, so I just saved it to finish it later... I'm telling you... We really do have that sister intuition! :) Love ya lots!
Post a Comment