So, I received a package from home today, and I have to say, that it made my entire day! Before living outside of the U.S., I never really gave much thought about getting mail. But now that we're living on the other side of the ocean, I cannot explain to you how exciting it is to get mail from home! :) For me, it provides a connection... In that small moment in time, I feel as if I'm not so far away from all of my family and friends back in the U.S. Just seeing a U.S. post stamp, or familiar handwriting, or receiving something that can only be found in the U.S.... It just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling and it makes me feel just a little bit closer to home! I know, I probably sound a little crazy... I mean, I'm talking about getting excited over mail! :) But, the one thing I've come to realize over the past year, is that when you're this far away from home, the smallest things can mean so much!
And on another note, Halloween is right around the corner... Brian and I will be going to the Bodensee Players Halloween party tomorrow night, where we will reprise our roles of the French painter (me) and the "Work of Art" (Brian)... Should be alot of fun! :)
We're also going to attempt some rock climbing this weekend... Gasp! :)... I know, after Brian's incident, that should be the furthest thing from our minds... But, Brian's feeling pretty good, so we thought we'd check out the indoor climbing hall in Ravensburg this weekend to see what he's capable of... Don't worry, I'll take good care of him and make sure that he doesn't get too carried away! :)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Have a Happy Halloween! Oh, and check out Kaden's Halloween costume this year... He's got to be the cutest little monkey ever! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment