Hey all! Wow! It's been a pretty hectic week here! Between film festivals, hockey games, dinner with friends, and a music/pub crawl, we've managed to keep ourselves quite busy this week!
On Wednesday we headed to Ravensburg for the European Outdoor Film Festival. Basically, the "festival" consists of a 120-minute movie that showcases a variety of outdoor activities and adventures. The festival is geared towards outdoor enthusiasts.... There are movies on hiking, mountain climbing, rock climbing, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, etc... It's pretty cool! Brian really enjoys the mountain biking segments, and I love watching all of the rock climbing and skiing segments! If you're interested in seeing what the festival consists of, you can click here to see their website...
On Friday night, a group of us headed to a hockey game in Ravensburg. Our friend, Cornelius, invited us... He's originally from East Germany, and there was an East German hockey team playing against the hockey team from Ravensburg. Needless to say, we weren't quite sure what to expect from a German hockey game... However, we soon found out, that hockey games here are very similar to U.S. hockey games... Well, except for the fact that we didn't exactly understand what the announcer was saying or what the crowd was chanting! :)
The game was pretty good actually! We cheered on the team from East Germany (we were supporting Cornelius! :)), and we did our best to participate in some of their "cheers" (at some points, there were alot of nonsense words coming out of my mouth... but they kind of sounded like what everyone else was yelling! :)). Unfortunately, no matter how much we cheered, our team ended up losing... And, as you can tell, we were absolutely devastated. :)
After the game, we headed to a Mexican restaurant called Gypsies... It was Happy Hour there (yes, for some reason their Happy Hour here is usually between 9 p.m. and midnight... Unlike in the U.S., where Happy Hour usually runs from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.), so we decided to take advantage of the 4 euro cocktails... Yum! I ended up finding a margarita on the menu, and being that I haven't had one in forever, I decided to order that... Big mistake! Let's just say their margaritas are so not like those at home... I think they just put straight alcohol in them and then forget to add the margarita mix... Yuck! After that mishap, I opted to stick with with a familiar drink for the rest of the evening... :)

When translated, it says "Ice Sport Hall"...

The arena...

Ravensburg vs. The East German team (No, I don't know what they're team name is... However, I was cheering them on throughout the entire game! :))

The guys in yellow are the East German team, and the guys in blue are from Ravensburg...

Brian was able to get quite a few action shots throughout the game! :)

Ravensburg wins!

The crew...

My margarita minus the margarita mix... Can't say I've ever had a clear margarita before! :)

Brian and I at Gypsie's...
Saturday was spent at Groove Night in downtown Friedrichshafen... I think it's actually called Night Groove, but for some reason all of us English speakers call it Groove Night... Hey, it's got a better ring to it! :) Groove Night is a music festival that has a variety of bands set up in various locations around Friedrichshafen. The buses run all evening and they take you from place to place where you can check out each of the bands. It's quite a fun evening! The bands range from rock bands to 80's cover bands to salsa bands to German bands... It's definitely a variety of music! But the one thing that they all have in common.... They all LOVE to play the song "Country Roads, Take Me Home" by John Denver!! :)
We ended up going with a group of about 9 people and we basically bounced around from place to place... We saw some decent bands, but our favorite band, by far, was actually the first one we saw. They were called Rhythm Kings and they were awesome!! They primarily played music from the 50's, and they had kind of a "Jump Jive" (is that even a word??) kind of style. I have to admit, you'd be pretty hard pressed to even find a band this good in the U.S.! If you're interested in hearing them, click here to see their website. Once you get to their website, click on the "Music & Video" link and it'll take you to a list of some of their songs. Just click on a song and it'll play a clip of it. It's definitely worth checking out! :)
I have to say, that the funniest part of Groove Night occurred towards the end of the night. We stopped at one club to see a band... They played alot of 80's cover music, and they were actually pretty good. While we were standing there watching, I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye... I turned to see what it was, and I witnessed some of the funniest dancing I've seen in a while! This woman must have had a few too many to drink, as she was definitely "feeling" the music, and she was dancing her little heart out... She, obviously, got our attention (as well as the attention of everyone else in the club!), and she provided some great entertainment for a short time! :) And, of course, I couldn't resist it... I had to record it! So, here it is... When you click play, you'll notice a man kind of bouncing in the center of the scene... Well, look off to his left, and you'll see the woman I'm talking about... Enjoy! :)
On that note, I'd better get going... I've got some errands to run and then it's off to the gym. I don't have German class this week due to the Autumn holidays, so I'm taking advantage of having my mornings to sleep in and get caught up on blogging and emailing... :) Hope you had a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment