Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Walking in the Wind...

Hey all!  Well, it looks like it's going to be another rainy day here... ugh!  I'm so ready for summer! :)  I'm currently getting ready so that I can go meet Shannon downtown and then we can get started on our day of exploring... Fun, fun! :)  

Yesterday was quite a busy day!  I had lunch at Lukullum with some of the English speaking people that I know... It was nice to be able to see some familiar faces again (after my 3 month hiatus from Germany! :)).  Lukullum is one of my favorite restaurants in the area.  It's a fun little place... The decor has a Bavarian feel to it, it has really great food, plus it's a very "Americanized" restaurant (it kind of reminds me of a German version of Applebee's)!  Brian and I tend to go there when we start feeling a little homesick for the U.S.. :)  

After lunch, I wandered downtown to look at a few shops.  As I was walking, I noticed that it was getting VERY windy and dark outside.  I then looked across the lake and I was quite impressed with what I saw!  And, of course, I just had to take a picture to share with you... Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me, so I had to use my iPhone to take this... 


 The clouds and lake were so dark, but the color of the mountains was so vibrant, they stood out from everything else...  It was a stunning sight... Unfortunately the pictures don't do it much justice! :) 

Well, I need to finish getting around so that I can catch the train into town.  I'm off to go exploring with Shannon today!  Have a great Thursday!  Miss you much!

No comments: