Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Tapas and Alpine Clubs...

Happy Friday to you all!  I'm sure you're all looking forward to the weekend.  Our plans for the weekend are still in the works... We've been invited to go skiing in the Alps and to a friend's birthday party.  I'm also trying to convince Brian to go to Munich to the huge St. Patrick's Day celebration they put on there...  You all know me and my love for St. Patrick's Day.  :)  I actually tried really hard to convince Brian to fly to Dublin, Ireland with me for the weekend, but considering they're having some serious protests and issues over there, we decided that it wasn't such a great idea... So, we'll just have to plan another trip to Ireland at some point... :)

Last night, Maike and I had our weekly "Girl's Night".  However, instead of doing our usual routine (making dinner at Maike's and watching episodes of Angel, Bones, or Sex and the City), we changed things up a bit.  We met downtown yesterday evening where we wandered around and did a little shopping (well, not actual "shopping", more like browsing... :)).  We then had dinner at this little restaurant called Hacienda... It's such a quaint little place and the food is excellent.  For dinner we ordered tapas, which is a Spanish entree, and quite delicious if I do say so myself! :)  

After dinner, we then went to a meeting of an Alpine Club that Maike has recently signed up for.  She wanted to bring me to the meeting so that I could see what they consist of, in the hopes of getting Brian and I to sign up.  It was quite an experience...  It's a small group of people who are interested in climbing, hiking, backpacking, etc... And considering we live so close to the Alps, it's the perfect area for that sort of thing.  This group organizes hikes, rock climbing trips, backpacking expeditions, skiing tours, and overnight trips in the mountains.  They also offer courses in a variety of alpine related activities.   Needless to say, it's definitely something that Brian and I would be interested in! :)  Maike and I also found a couple of outdoor rock climbing courses (or as it's called in German - "kletternkurs")  that we were interested in doing...  So, by the looks of things, Brian and I will probably become members of this group in the very near future! :)  But, there is a slight downfall...  They are all native Germans, and therefore, all they speak is German.  So, last night was quite interesting... I stood around for about two hours and listened to numerous conversations, but I had no idea what anyone was saying... Lovely!  And for those of  you who know me, and you know how much of a chatterbox I am, you probably realize that was quite difficult to stand around quietly for such a long period of time! :)  On the bright side, there were a few people in the group who do speak English, so I was able to chat with them for a little bit... And they were all very welcoming and encouraged me to join the group.   So, I guess the way I see it is... If we join the group, we'll be participating in all of these outdoor activities, and it's not like you're doing that much talking as you're hiking up a mountain or climbing up the side of a rock anyways, so it probably wouldn't be all that bad. :)  I guess we'll just have to sign up and find out for ourselves. :)   

Well, I'm going to head into town now...  I'm on a mission to find some new flavoring syrup for our coffee drinks... Yes, now that we have this espresso machine, I've been trying out lots of new concoctions... However, I'm at the point, where I have a limited amount of flavors, so they're all starting to taste the same... So, I'm thinking some new flavors might be in order! :)  Yes, I'm officially obsessed!! :)  Oh, and I'm taking the train from the stop outside of our apartment for the first time, so wish me luck!  Hopefully, I'll do better than we did the last time, and I won't miss it! :)  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!  And, if you're celebrating St. Patrick's Day this weekend, have fun and do some celebrating for me!! :)  Miss you much!

No comments: