Hey all! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Brian and I had a pretty fun weekend as well. On Friday, we were in the mood for a little taste of American food, so we decided to check out the restaurant up the road from our apartment... It has a sign outside that advertises "Burgers, Steaks, and Drinks", so we decided to see if it would help to quench our American food cravings. :) And, it definitely lived up to our expectations... The food was delicious! However, I did learn one thing. There are some things that just get lost in translation here. For instance, as I was reading the menu, I came across "Gemuse Burger", and when translated, that would be a Vegetable Burger. Well, I've recently had quite a craving for veggie burgers, so I decided to order one. Well, little did I know that their version of a veggie burger is far different from the U.S. version of veggie burger. In the U.S., it would be a burger made out of veggies, etc. Well, in Germany, a veggie burger is a cheeseburger with vegetables on top! :) Not exactly what I had in mind when I ordered, but it was quite tasty, nonetheless. :)
On Saturday morning, we woke up early (think 6 a.m... ugh!) and headed into the mountains for some skiing. We ended up getting very lucky and it turned out to be a gorgeous day for skiing! Think upper 50's and sunny... perfect! So, we spent the majority of the day skiing. And, for those of you who remember my horror story about the T-Bar incident the last time I went skiing... This time went much better than the last! I actually rode a T-Bar lift up the hills on numerous occasions... And each time I was met with success...yay! Granted, the first few times, I was absolutely petrified and I clung to the bar all the way up... But, after the initial nervousness, it got a little bit easier. It's still not my first choice for going up a hill, but at least I now know that I can use them without physically harming myself. :) Here's a few pictures of our day...

Me with my new skis... I love them! :)
This was our view on the drive there... Gorgeous!!
I just couldn't help myself... The views on the drive in were just too pretty not to take pictures of! :)
On Sunday, Brian played volleyball all morning, so I walked downtown and met up with some friends at Cafe Aran... It was nice to see some familiar faces again... I haven't seen a couple of them since December. In the evening, Brian and I took the train into Ravensburg. We went to a quaint little Irish Pub, where we had dinner and a few drinks in celebration of St. Patrick's Day... Slainte! :) (In case you're wondering, that means "health" in Irish! :))
On that note, I'm going to head into town... I'm meeting Brian for lunch, and then I figured that I'd take advantage of the nice day and wander around downtown. On days like today, it's kind of nice to just walk along the boardwalk... The view of the mountains across the lake is so serene and peaceful. :) I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! Miss you much!


No comments:
Post a Comment