
Hey all! Can I just tell you how excited I am about my new toy?! Well, I'm sure you all already know how much I love my caffeine, and how much I enjoy my trips to my favorite coffee shops, and, if you remember correctly, when we first moved to Germany, I had a hard time adjusting to the German coffee (i.e. It's not quite as sweet and "foofoo" as American coffee! :)). Well, I can now stop worrying about how I'm going to find ways to find "Americanized" coffee here in Germany... Because, we now officially have an espresso machine in the apartment... yay!
Our landlord approached Brian a few weeks ago and asked if there was anything we would like to have in the apartment, so Brian suggested a coffee maker. We had looked at them when we first arrived in Germany, but after we realized how ungodly expensive they were (about 300 euros), we opted not to get one. :) So, when our landlord asked, Brian figured that it wouldn't hurt to suggest... And, thankfully, he did. Because in our apartment we now have a brand-new, $1800, Swiss-Made, espresso machine... Woohoo!! :) And yes, you read that correctly.... this machine cost $1800. This espresso machine is the mother of all espresso machines! :) It's automated, and with one simple touch of the button, it can make anything ranging from a cappuccino, latte macchiato, lattes, cafe mocha, and get this... It can even make regular coffee! :)
So, let's just say, I've been having quite a fun time with this new machine! I've been testing it out and so far I've tried to make a variety of different types of coffees, using different types of flavorings, etc.... It's all very exciting! :) However, I have to admit, the down side of it is that I'm so hopped up on caffeine, that I can't sit still or slow down long enough to even sleep... oops! :) As of now, I'm sitting here blogging and sipping on my new concoction, and I have to say that I'm having a hard time sitting still... So, on that note, I'd better get going. I think it's time for me to hit the gym and work off some of this extra energy. :) Have a great Thursday! Miss you much!


2 comments:
That espresso machine is incredible!!!
-Cindi
That is the BOMB!! Nice! Can you tell your landlord that your sis is having a hard time adjusting to this change, too and that I could really use one to help me feel better about all that has happened?!!! :) ha ha I can't wait to use it when I come see you guys! YAY! Love ya!
Post a Comment