Brian and I woke up to cloudy skies, light rain, and just plain dreary (and cold... cold being the low 50's!) weather on Saturday morning... Sadly, that's been pretty typical weather for this area all summer... Grrrr!! So, instead of sitting at home and feeling sorry for ourselves, we decided to be "tourists" for the day... And, we headed off to Meersburg, one of our favorite little towns around the lake! We spent the afternoon strolling through the town, checking out the sights, and having a very typical Swabisch lunch (I had some very yummy Kasespatzle and Brian enjoyed a tasty meal of linsen beans and sausage!)... Meersburg is such a colorful town that you can't help but to smile while you wander through it! :) It was definitely the perfect way to spend a dreary Saturday afternoon!

Checking out the local art, with the Meersburg Winery behind me...

Downtown Meersburg... I love how colorful the town is! :)


This is one of my favorite views in the town!! :)

Brian was trying to take a "senior photo" style picture along a very old wall running through the town... I then found a cool program on the computer and played with it a little and this is how it turned out! :)


That's the side view of the Meersburg Castle (the building in the middle)... It's one of the oldest castles in Germany!

And, there I am just hanging out and enjoying the view of the castle and town while I waited for Brian to finish taking all of his pictures... :)


Cool door!

My favorite building in Meersburg! No matter what time of year you go, this building is always a highlight of your visit! :)


So pretty! :)



2 comments:
What a pretty town, Meersburg. I find most towns in DE very pretty though. Also, I MISS spazle! YUM.
I agree... Germany has gorgeous towns... I love strolling through all of them! :) And, spatzle is definitely one of my favorite things about Germany... Such yummy goodness! :)
Post a Comment