I can't believe that it's already Monday! Between dirndl and lederhosen shopping, grilling out with fellow Americans, visiting the monkeys in Affenberg, strolls along the beach, perfect summer weather, and watching some gorgeous sunsets, our weekend simply flew by! But, thankfully, we were able to capture some moments on film (of course! :))... So, here's a few snapshots of our weekend...

Shopping for dirndl's and lederhosen with Katrina and Benjamin...

Trying on my new dirndl!! :)
This was a long time coming!! I've only wanted one since we moved over here two years ago! :)

Brian and Benjamin trying on their lederhosen... Love it!! :)
(I'm still in shock that Brian actually broke down and tried on lederhosen... Let alone, buy them!! He claims that he did it for me... He's so sweet! :) But, deep down, I think he had a secret desire to own his very own pair of lederhosen!! :))

At home with our new purchases... I love Brian in his lederhosen!! :)
(And, yes, my dirndl looks a little different than the original one I tried on... I had to buy a different white shirt with mine, as the other one didn't go with my dress... )

We now feel like an official German couple! :) Oktoberfest, here we come!! :)

We headed to Affenberg on Sunday. When you enter the park, you come across a colony of White Storks... They breed and raise their young in Affenberg during the spring and summer, and then they migrate to Africa for the winter...

Another highlight is the troop of Fallow deer that live in Affenberg...

Look at the size of that buck!!

I found it interesting that the adult deer of this particular species keep their spots...

And, on to the monkeys... Yay! :)

This little guy was so cute! :)

Affenberg is special in that it is home to about 200 Barbary Macaques that roam freely through a forest area of about 20 hectares. There are no barriers and you can literally meet the monkeys face to face. You basically walk along a footpath throughout the forest and the monkeys stroll around or sit on the fence and watch you... The park also distributes popcorn which you can feed to the monkeys.

Just hanging around... :)

This guy was my favorite!! I love how he's just sitting on the fence with his feet dangling... Too cute! :)

This one is clearly contemplating life's biggest mysteries! :)

Love it!! :)

We also watched a couple of sunsets over the past weekend...

Stunning!!


Sunset over the Bodensee...
What a perfect end to a great weekend! :)
And, after a beautiful weekend with perfect temperatures and lots of sunshine... We're back to rain... Ugh!! Here's hoping that the sun will decide to come back for next weekend, at the very least. Fingers are crossed!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment