Earlier in July I had the opportunity to go on a hot air balloon ride in our friend's balloon. What an amazing and unforgettable experience that was! :) Here's a quick recap for you...

The basket...
It's hard to believe that this is all that stands between you and the ground when you're flying that high up in the sky! :)

Filling the balloon with air...

Tom (our friend, and the owner of the balloon) filling it up with hot air...

Almost ready...
Brian and Tom getting things organized...
My awesome husband!!
Brian was still excited even though he wasn't able to go up with us! :) (He had to stay back to drive the Jeep so that he could meet us when we landed... I planned on driving the Jeep until I realized that it was a British style stick shift... Yikes!! Basically, everything's on the opposite side of the car... And, we all know how well I do with a normal stick shift anyways! :) So, everyone agreed that we wouldn't take any chances... I would go in the balloon and Brian would drive! :)) So, now we're on a mission to get Brian up in the balloon so he can experience it... Our friend, Tom, is just waiting for a nice day. Unfortunately, the weather isn't really cooperating over here... So, please keep your fingers crossed that the weather eventually clears up enough for Brian to ride in the balloon! :)

Getting ready for take-off!
Based on my big, cheesy grin, can you tell that I was slightly excited?! :)

And we're off...

Getting higher... :)

We're the red and white checkered balloon...

Floating above the town...
The view was spectacular! :)
You can see the Bodensee (the lake that we live on) and the Alps in the distance...
Flying over the city of Kempton...
Gorgeous!! :)
Clearly I was very excited to be flying! :)
Our shadow...


Flying over the treetops...
Apparently, the air is warm and still above forests, and hovering over the top helps to slow the balloon down before landing...
Hovering above the treetops! :)
We were so close to the trees, I could literally reach out and touch them!

On our way down...

Coming in for landing...

... and we're back on land! :)

Brian and I in the balloon! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment