Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lovin' the Sunshine!!

What an interesting few days it's been around here! As of last Saturday, my plan was that I was flying home this Friday for a couple of weeks... Well, due to some unforeseen circumstances, the plans changed... Which resulted in scrambling around for the past few days trying to reschedule flights, find new dates to go home, and inform my employers of my new time off needs... Needless to say, after spending hours on the phone with airlines, and dishing out a little more money that I would have liked to, I finally got everything straightened out... Whew! (And, in the process, I've learned that I will never use Orbitz.com again!! They are completely ridiculous to deal with... Grrr!!) So, instead of heading back to the U.S. on Friday for a couple of weeks, I'll be heading back to visit in July... And, even though I know that I'll be there to visit in just a few more months, I'm still rather sad that I don't get to see everyone this coming Friday like I had been anticipating... But, on the bright side, July is only a few months away, and it's also the perfect time to visit Michigan... I absolutely love summertime in northern Michigan!! :)

So, that kind of explains why I've been laying low in the blogging world recently... :) We did have quite a nice weekend, which I planned on blogging about on Monday, but it never happened... So, I'll make up for it today. :)

The weather was beautiful this weekend, so Brian and I spent most of our time outdoors soaking up the sun!! We took a bike ride to the town of Langenargen on Saturday, where we had a picnic lunch along the lake and then strolled around town taking in all of their magnificent tulip displays... Gorgeous!! Afterwards, we came home and grilled out and had our first dinner of the season on our balcony with the view of the Alps in the distance... Overall, it was a perfect Saturday. :)

Sunday was spent checking out the scenery in the area... We took a drive to Ravensburg and enjoyed the warm weather, beautiful flower displays, blossoming trees, green grass, and fields of dandelions along the way... Spring has officially sprung here! :)

On that note, I'm off to get started on my busy day... My list of things to do today includes the gym, lunch/coffee with a friend, cleaning the apartment, grocery shopping, flower shopping (now that I'm not going home, I'm going to entertain myself by sprucing up our balcony for summertime!), and then doing hair/make-up for the performance tonight... Yikes!! Now I'm just hoping that I can stay focused long enough to get it all done... But, with the weather being so pretty and the sun shining so bright, I'd much rather be down by the lake soaking it all up while reading a book! :) I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!

One of the many floral displays in Langenargen...

Taking a break by the tulips after our bike ride... :)



Look at all the tulips!! And, to think that this is just a small portion of the tulip displays in this village!


I love this picture!! I have to admit, orange tulips are my favorite! :)

Downtown Langenargen... That's me sitting under the tree guarding the bikes while Brian strolled around taking pictures. :)

The tulip displays run throughout the entire town... It's absolutely stunning!


We passed a field of dandelions on our way home... So pretty! :)

After our day of bike riding, we decided to BBQ... Here's Brian hard at work... :)

We had some sekt (champagne) in the fridge, so we opted for that as our dinner drinks... Definitely thirst quenching after a long day of bike riding! :) And, to top it off, it just looked so pretty sitting on the table with the setting sun in the background! :)

Ahhh... Dinner is served! With all of the bright colors and veggies on the plate, you can tell summer is coming! :)

Scenes from our Sunday drive...

We stopped for a photo op along the way... :)

Spring has sprung!! And is it ever gorgeous!! :)

2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous! Enjoying the sunny weather too! Have a wonderful day!Sorry about your trip home, but your are right July will be here soon!

MeredithDuck said...

Hi Kristin!

I've been snooping in on your blog for quite some time, you're one of those people who made me to finally decide to get my own!

Although I don't think I have nearly as beautiful things to post as you do. It looks like you guys are having a great time.

Will you be home for Troutarama? That's the best thing in all of July!