Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Climbing is Good for the Soul...

Last week, we had another opportunity to do some outdoor rock climbing... Being that it was such a beautiful day, we happily accepted the invitation and headed into Austria to do some climbing!! This time around, we climbed in a different location... This location required a short hike to the climbing area, of which I was not quite prepared for as I was wearing my Crocs (my favorite pair of easy, slip on shoes which are good for just going rock climbing, but so not good when it comes to hiking through muddy areas and steep slopes! :)) But, once we reached our destination, I realized it was totally worth it... We had a remarkable view of Bregenz, Austria and the Bodensee with the Alps in the distance... Gorgeous!! :) It turned out to be a great day of climbing!!
The view...

Looks like spring has sprung! :)

Look at that intensity! :)


Yep, those are my feet... I actually really like this shot! :)

Brian on his way up one of the routes... He had to stop for a quick photo op apparently. :)


That's my "Monkey Boy"! :)

This was a really fun route up!! It looks much worse that it actually was... I promise! :)

Maciek on his way up... And, apparently he had time to stop for a photo op as well! :) (I think the boys were just having too much fun playing with and posing for the camera! :))


Brian, on the ground, belaying Maciek... Notice how he's tied up to the tree roots behind him? That's because he's standing on a very steep slope, and if Maciek fell, and Brian wasn't tied in, it could make for a "nicht sehr gut" (not very good) situation...
More of the view...


Gus making his way up...

Sunset in the mountains... Time to head home. :)

No comments: