Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

Our transportation has finally arrived!

Happy Friday everyone!! :) We finally got our car yesterday... yay! It's a silver, Mercedes B-Class... It reminds me of a Vibe or a Honda CRV... Personally I think it's kind of cute, but most importantly, it's transportation and it gets me from point A to point B a whole lot faster than walking! :) Brian, on the other hand, was hoping to get a more "sportier" car... He claims that being seen in this car drags his level of "coolness" down a few notches. He said that driving the car makes him feel like he's a middle-aged father driving around in a mini-van. Hee, hee! :)

I tried to take pictures of the car today so that I could post them, but I soon realized that Brian has the keys at work with him... So, I did the best I could with pictures. I took a picture of the car in the garage (primarily so you could see how big the car looks in comparison to our garage). I also tried to figure out how I could get a picture of the car while standing in the garage... but, considering that our garage is about the size of a small closet, I wasn't able to get a good shot of the whole car. :) So, I'm posting the pictures that I took today just to give you a basic idea, and then I promise to take much better pictures this weekend!


Here's our very small garage... Let's just say that there's not much room for error when parking the car in here!

This was the only other shot I could get of the car today... I can't imagine why I never became a professional photographer?! :)

I had a pretty fun evening last night. Brian is playing on a volleyball league through his work, and they play every Thursday evening. Last night was the first time they've played since we moved here... Well, Maike's boyfriend plays on the league also, so yesterday she called me up to see if I wanted to hang out with her while the guys played volleyball. Of course, I agreed. :) When I got over there she had made some type of German pizza, snacks, and had the entire season 2 of Bones ready to watch. Now, for all of you who know how much I like the TV show Bones, I'm sure you can guess how happy I was at that moment. :) So, we pretty much had a girls night in and watched Bones and gossiped... She taught me a few German words and phrases and I taught her how to say some slang expressions in English... :) All in all, we had a very fun evening. (And for the first time in a few weeks, I've been able to watch t.v., outside of CNN and MTV, and understand what they actors were saying! :)) After last night, Maike and I have now decided that every Thursday night, when the guys go to play volleyball, we're going to have a "Girls Night" where we watch Bones and gossip. :)

Well, I have to run. I'm on a mission to go to the cable company that is supposed to be installing our telephone and internet. They told us that it would originally be installed within 2 weeks... Well, two weeks is officially up today and we still don't have a telephone or internet... So, I'm pretty much tired of waiting so long to get things done, so I'm taking matters into my own hands and going down to the cable company to find out what the hold up is. :) Now, I do realize that I don't speak German and most likely, the salesperson, won't be able to speak English, so I'm just hoping that with enough gesturing and pointing, that maybe we'll be able to get things figured out. :) Here's to hoping that that actually does work... I'll keep you posted... I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Miss you!

No comments: