Happy Friday everyone! Today has been a pretty great day for me thus far... We FINALLY got our phone and internet hooked up this morning!! I can't tell you how excited I am that I don't have to walk to McDonald's in order to use the internet... I can now access the internet via my living room!! Such a great feeling... :) I guess bursting into tears in the middle of the cable company really does help move things along in this country. :)
Last night, we had another maintenance man come to our apartment to look at the moldy wall in our kitchen. From what Brian told me, they maintenance department had called him and informed him that they were going to fix the wall this week... They explained that they would "fix" the wall simply by painting over all of the mold... Are you kidding me?! What a brilliant idea that is... just paint over the mold and the problem will be resolved. For some reason that just doesn't even seem logical (or healthy) to me. I wasn't too pleased when Brian told me what they planned on doing; however, I didn't say much because I know that we only have about 3 months left in this apartment and then we can move... If this is how they want to fix the problem, then go right ahead... The next people who rent this apartment can worry about the moldy wall. :)
Well, the maintenance man arrived last night and spent about 5 minutes in the kitchen... Luckily this guy was able to speak English, unlike the previous two maintenance men who have looked at the wall. The man walked in to see how big of an area it was before he brought in all of his supplies. He then took some type of instrument out and placed it on the wall... Apparently this instrument can determine how wet the wall is... Well, the wall was still so wet that the instrument reading was completely off the scale! Now, even I know that that was not a good sign! :) The man seemed a little unsure of what he should do... He explained that he couldn't paint the wall being that it was still wet, and then he asked if we knew where the leak was coming from... Now, if we knew the answer to that question, don't you think we would have had this fixed by now?! :) He looked around the rest of the kitchen to see if he could determine where the leak was, but he didn't have much luck... He then went into our bathroom, which is on the other side of the kitchen, and noticed that part of the ceiling closest to the moldy wall was cracking... Lovely! At that point, he did the same thing the other two men did... He told us that he would call some other person and explain what he found and they would decide what to do from there... and then he left. And our wall is still not fixed. So now, once again, we sit and wait for the next person to get ahold of us in regards to this problem... Fun, fun! At this point, I try to stay out of the apartment as much as possible and we typically do not keep much in the kitchen in regards to food. I'm kind of nervous to be around all of that mold for an extended period of time, because in my mind, I can't imagine that it's too healthy to keep breathing in. Who knows... At this point, all we can do is wait and see... :)
Well, I'd better get going... I need to head to the gym. We're leaving for Munich around 7:30 this evening... I guess it takes about 2 -3 hours to get there from here. I guess the plan is to get up very early tomorrow morning so that we can get to Oktoberfest before it gets too crowded... And from there, who knows what's in store for us?!?! :) I promise to take alot of pictures and I will fill you in on all of the details when we return. I hope you have a great weekend! Miss you much!
12 years ago


1 comment:
I'm sure the mold is 100% healthy. Try making a salad with it. Yummy! If their is the bathroom right behind the wall one of the pipes is probobly leaking. Rip down the wall, fix pipe, fix wall. Do you need me to bring my tool belt? Hope you guys are doing good. Cooper is 2 today (crazy) and were having a Handy Manny party. Fun fun. Talk to you guys later. Bob.
Post a Comment