Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Hi there! I hope you're all enjoying your Thursday.... only one more day until the weekend! Yay! For all of you teachers, you're almost done with the first week of school! Isn't that such a great feeling?! :)

Well, I've got some pretty good news to share today... We found out last night that they approved us to get that apartment we looked at the other day... So, as of January 1st, we will be moving into a fabulous new apartment!! Yay! No more musty smelling kitchen and not so pretty decor! :) In case you didn't check out the website, I'm uploading a few pics of the apartment so you can see for yourself what a great apartment this is! I'm so excited now for January to get here! Well, I'm more excited for December to arrive so that I can come back to the U.S. and see everyone again! :)

The kitchen... It actually has a microwave and it doesn't smell musty! :)

The view from the balcony... There's a pretty garden to the left side.


This kitchen table is so much more modern and attractive than our current one. :)
The bedroom... Everything in it actually matches! :)
The living room..

The dining room... I love the fact that they have cushions for the window seats!



We also found out yesterday, that all of our possessions should be arriving in Germany on September 18th... Finally! For all of you that don't know, we were told that our clothes and things would be air shipped to us so that they would be here within the first two weeks of us moving here... Well, somehow down the line, something got screwed up, and the moving company decided to send all of our things by ship... So, all of our things are currently sitting somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... lovely! Luckily, me being a person who tends to overpack, we have enough clothes to get by until then. :) But, it's very good to know that we only have to wait about 2-3 more weeks before we can get all of our belongings! :)

Last night, Brian and I went over to his coworker's (Norbert) house for dinner. His girlfriend, Micah, made us a delicious dinner. We had a very nice time... Micah and I really hit it off... She's another person who enjoys speaking English and speaks it very well. She also enjoys working out, rock climbing, shopping, skiing, and watching Angel and Bones (she's a big fan of David Boreanaz like I am! :))... so we have quite a bit in common. The two of us are actually taking a trip to the town of Uberlingen tomorrow and she's going to show me around... She told me it was a very old city with alot of history, so I'm pretty excited about the trip! :) She told me that I'll definitely need to bring a camera, so I promise to take alot of pictures to share with all of you.

Well, I should probably get going... I've been sitting in McDonald's for quite some time, and I think it's time to head out... It's been raining ever since I got here, so I've been waiting for it to clear up, seeing as I still don't have an umbrella and I don't feel like walking 30 minutes in the rain. :) But, it looks like the rain has stopped, so I'd better try to make it back to the apartment before it starts raining again. I hope you're all doing well.... I miss you much!




1 comment:

Stacy said...

So you are actually fine with getting the apartment that won't allow Riley?! WOW! That's a bit of a shocker! How'd that happen?! Love you and miss you!! Oh and we promise to get you the umbrella!! ;) Have fun tomorrow!

Stacy :)