Well, it's official... After a great deal of back and forth over where we were going to go for Easter weekend, we've finally made a decision... Whew! :) The list included places such as Amsterdam, Paris, Venice, St. Petersburg (Russia), the Florence/Tuscany area, and Prague... I know, it sounds like a rough life we lead over here, doesn't it? :) We spent the past couple of weeks looking at the pros and cons of each location (traveling in early April can be tricky for making plans... for instance, the tulips won't be in blossom in Amsterdam yet, St. Petersburg is quite cold this time of year and the days are very short, the streets of Venice are currently flooded which makes strolling around not so much fun, we've already been to Florence, and we would really like to see Paris in the summer)...
So, after all of that, we finally decided that our destination for Easter weekend will be.... drum roll, please... Prague!! :) Our hotel has been booked, an itinerary is in progress, and the countdown is on! :) I can't tell you how excited I am! I'll now leave you to
click here and check out some of the sights we will be seeing...
Have a great week! :)
2 comments:
Saw you on the West Family blog and stopped over.
We are now in our third year of going to the Keukenhof (a huge botanical/bulb display an hour from Amsterdam) for Easter holidays. You might want to check them out next year, as they are only open for about 10 weeks and the Easter hols are the perfect time to visit. The weather is much nicer there than in Germany. And nicer than in Prague, which I like better when it's not grey.
But have fun- it's a bustling city.
Thanks for stopping by! :) Also, thanks for the great advice... I was very interested in going to Amsterdam for the Easter holidays so that I could see the tulips... Unfortunately I was told that it was too early in the season and the tulips wouldn't be out yet... Hence the reason we decided on Prague. :) But, I will definitely keep Keukenhof in mind for next year... Or maybe I can convince my husband to take a long weekend this year to check the display out... That usually easier said than done though! :) Hope you have a great holiday in Keukenhof!
Post a Comment