On Monday, our friends Matt and Becky moved over here. Matt is a coworker of Brian's in Detroit, and he's been sent over here to work for 4 months, and he brought his wife, Becky, along with him. So, Monday and Tuesday were spent picking them up at the ferry and trying to help them get situated in their new place. In the meantime, our other friend, Maciej (who also worked with Brian in Detroit, but is now working over here for the next two years), moved from his old apartment (actually the same apartment we lived in when we first moved over here! :)) to the apartment upstairs from us... Pretty cool! So, we also helped with his move this week. I'm just thankful that we didn't have to move anywhere... I'm pretty happy with staying in one place for a while. :)
On Tuesday, my friend, Alex, invited me to the local Strandbad (public beach) for the day. We also were joined by Becky and Lindsay (another American woman who is over here with her husband, who also works in Detroit but is working over here for the next two years... We just recently met them and we're really happy that we did... They're a really sweet couple! :)). The day at the beach was great! The weather was absolutely gorgeous! The four of us spent the day alternating between swimming and sunbathing... What a great day! Towards the end of the afternoon, Brian and Matt joined up with us and we spent the rest of the late afternoon/early evening swimming and hanging out on the beach... We were definitely in our own little world... I'm sure we were the only group of English-speaking expats on the entire beach! :)
Wednesday was spent cleaning and running errands... Oh joy! However, the most exciting thing about Wednesday was when Becky and I went down to the local Volkshochschule (adult education center) and signed up for our German language course. We signed up for an intensive course which meets for five weeks, for five days a week, for 4 hours a day... Yikes! :) It begins on September 21st... Should be interesting! :)
Yesterday was spent bike riding to Lindau (about 33 miles round trip) with Becky and Theresa (another American expat I've met over here). It was a great ride... I loved riding through all of the bike trails that take you through the orchards... All of the apples, pears, and plums were in full bloom! :) The weather was pretty nice, but we did run into some rain and high winds every now and then. It just helped to make the ride that much more exciting! :)
By the looks of things, the weekend is going to be just as busy for us. Brian and I are going to join Maike for a hike in Switzerland tomorrow morning, and then we're hoping to be back in the afternoon so that we can head over to the Messa where they are holding the Eurobike show this weekend (For all of you that have been keeping up with the blog since the very beginning, I blogged about Eurobike last year. Click here to see it...). And Sunday we have plans to head over to Immenstaad's Abenteur Park for the Bodensee Players (the English speaking theatre group that I'm a member of) "End of the Summer" picnic... Should be a fun afternoon of grilling, visiting with friends, and going through the adventure park. :)
And now I'm off to the Friday Farmer's Market... I have to make sure that I get stocked up on fruits and veggies for the weekend! :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Miss you much!


No comments:
Post a Comment