Happy Friday to you!! I just wanted to share my excitement with you! I received a letter in the mail from the Landratsamt yesterday, and it stated that my driver's license was ready to be picked up (and, yes, we translated the letter ourselves! :))... So, this morning I headed, by myself, down to the Landratsamt to pick up my new license. Admittedly, I was quite nervous about going down there by myself... I had visions of people yelling at me in German and me not understanding what they were saying and not being able to get my license... I know, I know... It was a little dramatic. :) However, based on previous experiences with going into German government offices by myself (i.e. the whole visa situation), I really was somewhat concerned about the outcome of this trip. :)
Either way, the whole process ended up being very anti-climatic. I walked into the office, handed the girl my letter, she opened up a drawer that had my file in it, handed me the driver's license, asked me to sign a form, she took my Michigan driver's license, and then I headed out of the office on my merry little way... with my brand new license in hand. I'm now a legal driver in the country of Germany... Oh, how excited am I?! :)
Well, I'm off to help a friend move into a new apartment... And then who knows what the rest of the weekend holds for us... I do know that it's the official start of Oktoberfest tomorrow, so maybe we'll see if we can hit up an Oktoberfest celebration around our area... I'm sure it won't be difficult to find a place celebrating Oktoberfest around here! :) Have a great weekend! Miss you much! Oh, and check out my new license (and try to disregard the fact that my picture looks like a mugshot. :))....


No comments:
Post a Comment