Wow! Two posts in a row... I'm on a roll! :) This hasn't happened since before we left for our vacation... Let's just hope that this can continue... :)
Well, considering that I've been on a slight hiatus from blogging, I'm pretty backed up when it comes to the material I blog about... Before Brian's accident, I was trying to get the information about our vacation in Italy and Croatia posted. My goal is to still get that posted; however, I think I'll have to do that when time permits... What I plan to do from here on out is to simply get back into the swing of things, and when I have days where I'm not so sure what I want to write about, that's when I'll get the recap of our Italy/Croatia vacation posted. :)
As for today, I wanted to share some pictures of our hiking trip into Austria. We went on this hike the day before Brian's accident. Maike, Brian, and I headed into Austria that Friday, and we spent the day hiking in the mountains in the Arlberg area... It was a gorgeous day and the scenery was beautiful! The three of us were excited to be there, breathing in the fresh mountain air, and enjoying the serenity that comes with being in the mountains. :) We spent the majority of the day discussing all of the hikes we wanted to do this summer... By the time we finished and headed back down the mountain, I think we had planned hikes for every weekend throughout the summer. (Apparently we were feeling quite motivated! :)) Hmmm... It's crazy how things can change in just one day! Because, literally, the following day was when Brian had his accident... And, let's just say, hiking won't be in the cards for him at all this summer. :(
Either way, I hope you enjoy the scenes from our hike into Austria... Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to get back into the mountains sometime during the fall, before it gets too cold... Even if it's just a short, simple hike, I'm sure Brian will be thrilled to simply walk along the trails again! :)
On that note, I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Happy Friday! Miss you much!

Getting ready to head into the mountains...
The three of us on the way up...

Maike and I taking a break...
Gorgeous!!
Yep... They still have some snow left higher up in the mountains... Seems strange to be trudging through snow in June! :)
As you know, I love boulders! Or at least I did before Brian's accident! :)
Which direction should we choose?? :)
Brian and I at the top...

The red and white stripe painted on the rock is the trail marker...
Maike and I with the infamous Na-Tah-Ka sign... :)
The view on the way down...

One of the many waterfalls we passed... So pretty! :)


I thought this looked so picturesque! :) A small church nestled in the mountains...
Oh, what a day! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment