Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Leaving on a Positive Note...

This past week was my last week of work, so needless to say, it's been a slightly emotional few days around here. :( I started out saying goodbye to my one group of kindergarteners on Monday morning, followed by my group of English students from the company Brian works for in the afternoon. And, then I had to turn around a do it all over again on Tuesday when I said goodbye to my other group of Kindergarteners. And, for those of you that know me, you know how hard it is for me to say goodbye. :(

However, as difficult as it was to say goodbye, I feel as though I left on a very positive note. I received many compliments from students and parents telling me that they thoroughly enjoyed my English courses and that I will be missed. My one employer actually told me that if I ever return to Germany, I will have a English teaching position waiting for me. :) In that respect, I felt pretty good about what I accomplished here. It pleased me to know that I made a difference, however small it might have been.

My students from Brian's company also made my last day quite memorable. They all pitched in and purchased a puppet/model of my favorite Fasching character, the Seegrendl (remember all those parades with the crazy costumes that we attended during February and March?)!! How thoughtful was that?! :) It meant alot to me that they took the time to find something so unique and that they knew meant so much to me!! :) So now, whenever I look at my Seegrendl, I'll remember my time as an English teacher in Germany! :)

A commemorative photo op with a handful of my English students after they presented the Seegrendl to me! :)


My new Seegrendl! :)
This model of the Seegrendl is entirely handmade by a local organization...

The real thing! :)



No comments: