Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A German Wedding...

Wow! Have I ever been slacking with this blog lately... Yikes!! In my defense, we've been running around like crazy people trying to fit so much in to the little bit of time we have left over here! It's been quite chaotic on this end to say the least! Since my last post, we've traveled to Bad Durkheim, Germany where we played a role in our friends' (Eva and Dominik) wedding. I did Eva's hair for the wedding and Brian was their wedding photographer (and, I must say, the pictures turned out very well! :)). After the wedding, we headed north to Amsterdam where we spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the city. (I think I now love the city even more after the second visit! :))... After we returned from our weekend, I spent the first half of this week working my last day at 3 of my jobs (which was quite chaotic with trying to bring in goodies for the goodbye parties we had and wrapping up all the loose ends) and the second part of the week was spent running errands and spending time with friends... And, now we're packing up, yet again, to head to Poland for a long weekend! :) Needless to say, we've been keeping ourselves busy here! :) But, I'm definitely not complaining! :)

So, please bear with me as I'm trying to get around to posting pictures from our travels and all of the things we've been doing... It might take some time, but I promise to get you all updated in a timely fashion! :)

And, on that note, here's a little peak into the wedding we went to last weekend. Since I've been here, I've been desperately wanting to go to a German-style wedding! I was curious to see the differences between a U.S. and German wedding... And, lucky for me, our friends decided to get married and they planned the wedding in June so that they could make sure that we could be there... Woohoo! :) And, what a fun wedding it turned out to be!! The bride was beautiful, the location was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the day was filled with lots of love and laughter! In addition, I found it fascinating to see the differences between this wedding and a typical wedding in the U.S. For instance, in a German wedding, the bride and groom walk down the aisle together, there are many skits and games that take place during the reception, and there is quite a bit of audience participation involved as well. As most of the skits, videos, and games are organized by friends and family members of the bride and groom, it gives it more of a personalized feel. It was definitely fun to experience, and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to be there with Eva and Dominik on their special day! :) So, without further ado, here's a little peak into their big day... Enjoy! :)

Doing the bride's hair... :)

An artist at work... Ha, ha! :)
I think we used that whole bottle of hairspray to ensure her hair stayed in place that day! :)

Eva and Dominik getting ready to walk down the aisle...

The cathedral was gorgeous!

They put a huge bow on Dominik's Porsche...
So, of course we had to take advantage of the photo op! :)

Aren't these adorable?! :)
They had these heart-shaped brezeln available, with champagne, outside the church after the ceremony... Too cute! :)

The happy couple! :)

I got to be Brian's little helper while he took the pictures, so I had some fun "posing" them! :) This was one of my favorite pictures from our wedding, so I clearly had to copy it for them! :)


And, when Brian got a break from taking pictures, we had to take a few of our own... To commemorate the fact that we were both dressed in our best... This is something that rarely happens anymore! :)

And, here's my favorite... Us being... Well, us! :)

No comments: