Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

There Went June...

Wow!! I can't believe that June is almost over!! It flew by so quickly... Yikes!! Too bad only about one week out of the entire month was actually sunny and warm here... The rest of the time it felt like March... Yuck! Maybe that's why it seems to have gone by so quickly... Considering it feels like summer just started in these parts! :)

Brian and I managed to keep ourselves quite busy over the past month (hence the reason for the lack of blogging I've been doing recently! :))... Between work, our travels, the World Cup (let me just say that it's a HUGE deal over here, and everything literally stops once a game begins... Crazy!), coffee dates, hot air balloon rides (pictures will be posted at a later date), dinners with friends, visiting friends, bike rides when the sun actually shines, rock climbing, etc... Needless to say, we haven't been home much over the past month. So, since I've been so bad about blogging about everything, I figured I'd simply post a few pics of some of things we've been doing in June...

We wanted to show our Patriotic spirit for the World Cup... Go USA!! :) (Unfortunately, they're already out... But, they played well while they were still contenders! :))

And, of course, we wanted to share in the German pride too... :)

I got into the World Cup spirit and did some "decorating" in the apartment! :)

Sorry about the not so good quality of the picture... But, here's more of my World Cup decor! :)

I was asked to make a diaper cake for a friend's baby shower... So, here it is... My very first diaper cake... Kinda cute, isn't it?? :)

And, of course, it's spargel time here... YUM!! So, we've been eating spargel (i.e. asparagus) with (and in) everything... Delicious! :)

Our spargel pizza... Quite yummy! :)

And, when there's spargel, there's also strawberries!! :) It's Strawberry Time here in Deutschland and we've been eating our fair share of them... They're just so good!! :) I'm actually surprised that our skin hasn't turned red or pink yet! :)


So, that's just a little snippet into what our June looked like... And, by the looks of things, July is going to be just as busy! This weekend we're heading to Berlin, the following weekend is already booked, Seehasenfest will soon be starting up (best festival in this area! :)), we've got a couple of concerts that we'll be attending over the next two weeks, and then I head home (back to the U.S.) for two weeks on July 18th (yay!)... Wow!! Looks like we'd better get ready for a fun-filled July! :)

No comments: