Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back in Deutschland...

Greetings from Deutschland! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! We had such a wonderful time being home and spending time with family and friends over the holidays! The time flew by and before we knew it, it was already time to head back to Germany.

We're so thankful that we had the opportunity to see as many people and to do as many things as we did while we were home! We met up with so many friends for lunches and dinners, we did alot of shopping (which resulted in me having to bring one additional suitcase back with me... oops!), we spent alot of time with family, we were able to spend time with Riley, we saw some great movies, we drank ALOT of Beaner's coffee, and the list could go on and on! :) I also enjoyed being able to spend one additional week up north... I was able to spend some quality time with my nephew, I did some shopping with my mom and sister, I was able to do yoga and play Wii with my aunt, I helped out in my mom's classroom, and again, the list could go on and on! :)

Overall, we had a fabulous time and we're taking back so many wonderful memories! :) And, instead of trying to write about every single thing we did while we were home and recap every moment, I think I'll let the pictures speak for themselves! :)


Brian and I on Christmas Day...

All of us on Christmas Day! :)

The traditional "sibling" pic... :)

Jason and Kaden looking like twins! :)

Me and my favorite little man! :)

Mom, Dad, and Kaden...

Kaden and his mommy... Too cute! :)

Kaden putting the cookies out for Santa...

What an awesome uncle!! Jason dressed up as Santa on Christmas Eve... He greeted Kaden in the car as we got home from church... Kaden's response to seeing him and shaking his hand was "I gave you cookies"... Too sweet! :)

Our Christmas tree... So pretty!

Kaden was super excited about his Smart Cycle that he got for Christmas! :)

On Christmas Day, Brian and I headed down to Detroit to spend time with his family and friends... We spent one of the days that we were there, wandering around Mill Race... We had to snap a couple of pics of the chapel that we got married in! :)


These were the decorations that they had in the gazebo... How cute! :)

We also decided that after a year and a half, it was probably time to thaw out our wedding cake and try it out... Considering our anniversary was in August! :) Needless to say, the cake definitely tasted better on our wedding day! :)


We also celebrated Keira's 5th Birthday while we were home...

Liana... Brian's oldest niece...

Lauren, Ashley, and Keira... :)

Brian with his newest neice, Carlee... :)

We also spent a day up at the barn where Brian's mom, Julie, rides horses... While Brian snapped pictures like crazy, I sat and watched Julie and played with all of the barn cats... Loved it! :)

We went to see Avatar in 3-D... Lovin' the glasses guys! :)

We spent one night with friends learning how to make sushi... YUM!!

We celebrated the new year with great friends at Renee and Dan's house! :)

The girls and I watched Michigan State play in the Alamo Bowl... Good times! :)

Brian headed back to Germany a week before me, so I headed back up north to spend another week with my family... On the way up, I stopped in Grand Rapids to hang out with Stacy and Jason for the evening. :)

Chillin' with the girls in Grand Rapids...

I went to Kory's Baby Shower... She's due in March, so I can't wait to meet "Blueberry" the next time I'm in town! :)

I got to hang out with Kaden for a few days... We had lots of fun playing with all of his new toys! :)

Stacy and I had a "Girls Night" at Na-Tah-Ka! :)

Kaden and I spent some time playing outside and sledding... Very fun!

Stacy and Jason (along with many others) helped me to celebrate my last night in town with a going away party at Na-Tah-Ka!! Fun times were had by all! :)

Chillin' behind the bar (and with the owner) at Na-Tah-Ka! :)

No comments: