Hey all! I'm so excited about my recent taste-testing experience, that I wanted to share it with you! As you all know, my sister, Stacy, recently came to visit me in Germany. Before her arrival, I sent her a "wish list" (of all the products we can't find here in Germany... i.e. brown sugar, ranch dressing, contact solution, etc....) in the hopes that she would possibly bring some of the items over with her. One of the most important items on the list was... fudge. Yep, that's correct, I had a huge craving for some sweet, savory, creamy, sugary, Michigan made, melt-in-your-mouth fudge! :) (Unfortunately, the German idea of "sweet" food is definitely not the same as the American idea of sweet food... Therefore, one item that you can't find over here is fudge!)
You can imagine my excitement when, upon her arrival, Stacy pulled out that trademark little white fudge box!! Oh, how happy was I?! I immediately opened the box, and to my delight, I found two small slabs of fudge... One was rocky road (YUM!!) and the other was pistachio... Within seconds I had cut a piece of the pistachio and was popping it into my mouth... All I could say was "Wow!!". It tasted absolutely delightful!! :) Let's just say that it was extremely difficult to stop at just one bite. Well, actually, I didn't manage to stop at just one bite... I just had to have one more little piece before I put it away... But that was it... Honest. :)
I soon found out that the pistachio and rocky road fudge were sent over here from the newly opened Dublin Fudge Company in Wellston, Michigan. The Dublin Fudge Company is owned by Dean and Angie Fischer, and it is located near Dublin General Store (home of the infamous home cured jerky) on Hoxeyville Road. For those of you living within close vicinity of the Dublin Fudge Company, I would suggest stopping in to take a look and possibly sample some of their delicious fudge... Trust me, after tasting their fudge, you'll definitely be going back for more! Oh, if only I lived closer... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment