Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, July 3, 2009

Fruits, Veggies, and Flowers... Oh My!!


Oh, how I love the Friday Farmer's Market!! It was quite a bustling little place today, as everyone was taking advantage of the gorgeous weather. Also, this is the season for many popular fruits and veggies, so everyone was making sure they stocked up on all of the delicious German strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and cherries... Yum!!

Today was the first time in months that I was able to go to the Farmer's Market... and did I ever make up for lost time! :) I took my backpack to the market with me, and within 10 minutes it was jam packed full of produce (carrots, peppers, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, melon, seele bread, laugenstenge, and flowers, of course! :))... Oops! :) There was still so much more that I wanted to get, but I was afraid that the bike ride home would be rather challenging if I ended up getting anything else... Oh well, I'll make up for it next Friday. :)

And now I'm off to go get some cherries... We've heard that the farmer down the road from us is selling some delicious cherries, so Brian and I thought we'd give those a try... Can I just say that I absolutely love this time of year! :) Have a great Friday! Miss you much

No comments: