Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Leading up to the Final Goodbye...

The days have been flying by so quickly over the past couple of weeks... No matter how much I wish for them to slow down! We've been trying to cram in as much as humanly possible into our last days here in Germany... And, boy, have we covered alot of territory! :) Between packing, traveling around the area, saying goodbye to friends, enjoying Seehasenfest, meeting friends for goodbye dinners/drinks/coffee dates, etc., we truly haven't had a moment to really sit down and relax for quite some time... But, in the end, it's totally worth it, as we've been able to enjoy so many fun and memorable moments that we'll be able to treasure once we're back in the States. :)

Here's a little look into our crazy last couple of weeks in Germany...

Enjoyed one last visit to Lindau... Such a beautiful city!

My friend, Tanya, had never been to Lindau, so I wanted to show her around one of my favorite cities before I left! :)

Spending time with my fellow "Breakfast Club" ladies! :)

I headed to Kressbronn with my friend, Denise, and her daughters to wander around a Maislabrynth (Corn maze) one sunny afternoon! :) How fun!!

The four of us (and Tiffy!) getting lost in the corn! :)
I've been soaking up as many views of the beautiful Bodensee as I possibly can! :)

Strolling through the island of Mainau with Tanya... What a beautiful day it was!!

My friend, Eva, bought me a Lebkuchen Herz... So sweet! :)
The story behind this cookie is that someone has to buy it for you and you then have to wear it around your neck (like a necklace)... They're actually not meant for eating (I've actually tried one and they taste horrible!)... And you're not supposed to buy one for yourself... Someone has to give it to you. :) So, the one that Eva gave to me says "I'll miss you"... I'm going to miss this girl!

Enjoying my last English Stammtisch at La Perla with many of my favorite people! :)

Prosting to a very fun Seehasenfest with my friends, Maike and Cathy! :)

We watched the Seehasenfest fireworks on Saturday night! :)

Saying goodbye to my bosses at the language school I worked at... They are two of the sweetest people I have ever met! :)

Being silly at Seehasenfest! :)

The last night of Seehasenfest was spent having fun with friends and saying goodbye to fellow co-workers...





Brian and Hermann... One of his favorite co-workers. :)

We headed to Rothenburg (one of my favorite places here in Germany) to pick up a few little souvenirs from the Christmas stores... I love all of the handmade Christmas crafts they have in this city! :)

Such a cute city! It's like the quintessential German town! :)

A goodbye dinner with friends at Lukullum...

And, of course, I had to order the kasespaetzle...
I won't be able to enjoy this meal very often after this! :(

No comments: