Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Skiing St. Anton...

We spent the past Saturday skiing at St. Anton in Austria with some friends. What a fun day it turned out to be! The weather was gorgeous, the runs were awesome, and the views from the slopes were absolutely amazing! All in all, it was a great day of skiing! :) Here's a few pics from our day... Enjoy!

A gorgeous day to be on the slopes! :)

Heading up the lift...

Brian, Dominik, and I getting ready to hit the slopes...

Maciej and Eva on the way up...

Eva was ready to take on the red slopes! :)

As for me... Not so much!
For our second run of the day (mind you, I was skiing with pretty advanced skiers!), we took the gondola up to the very top of the mountain so that we could ski down a red slope (That's considered an intermediate level here... However, coming from Michigan, it's quite similar to our black diamond slopes... Yikes! I did attempt to get out of skiing this slope, but to no avail... Grrr!)... Needless to say, I was pretty much terrified to go down the slope!

See how this sign is red and indicating that it is an intermediate level... Normally, I ski down the slopes that have blue signs (easy level)! This was quite an experience to say the least! But, I can say that I made it down, without falling, and I was quite proud of my accomplishment! :) And, for the rest of the day, I pretty much stuck to the blue runs! :)

Eva heading down the red run...

Dominik on his snowboard...

Maciej makes it look so easy... :)

Dominik decided to take a break in the snow! :)

Look at that look of concentration! :)

Gorgeous views!


Lunch break!! :)

I love how they served me my lunch! :) My brezel wrapped around my Almdudler (A very traditional Austrian drink... It kind of reminds me of lemonade in a way... Quite tasty! :))

Cool picture of the view through Brian's goggles! :)

Eva and Dominik goofing around! :)

And it's time to hit the slopes again! :)



At this point in the day, I was pretty much wiped out. The weather was so warm, and it was causing the snow to turn slushy. In turn, being that there were so many skiers, moguls were being created virtually everywhere on the slopes, irregardless of the level of the slope. So, the end of the day required ALOT of concentration trying to maneuver between what felt like fields of moguls! Craziness!

Taking off our skis for the day...

Before we headed home, we decided to stop at Mooserwirt. This is an extremely popular Apres Ski (after ski) place in St. Anton... Apres Ski is very common in Europe. Basically, after skiing all day, you stop for a drink or two (or many more for some!) at these restaurant/bars that are located directly off of the slopes... They start getting busy around the time the lifts stop running (4:30ish) and then they basically escalate into a party as the night goes on. From what we heard, this one can turn into quite a party later on in the evening, and it's considered one of the most popular Apres Ski places in Austria. We, however, stopped in for a quick look and a warm drink, and then headed back home for the day. :)

I loved the sign! :) Too cute!

Hanging out at Mooserwirt...

Eva and I enjoying our warm drinks before heading home! :)

Sunday was pretty low-key for us...
We walked into town and met some friends for breakfast. And then we strolled along the lake on the way back home... The mountains were in full view on Sunday, so we slowly walked home while soaking up as much of the view as possible! :)

Stunning!! :)


No comments: