The thing that I really like about this website, is that it has a world wide focus, as compared to being country specific. It gives you the opportunity to donate to organizations in the U.S., Europe, Africa, the Middle East, etc. I typically try to donate to the organizations in the U.S., but oftentimes I find projects in other countries that pull on my heartstrings and I can't help but to donate to.
Most recently, I found a project located in the Ukraine for the victims of Chernobyl. Because of the high amounts of radiation still in that part of the country, many children are diagnosed with different types of cancer at young ages. I recently found a program that designs weekly art-therapy lessons for the children suffering from cancer in an effort to bring positive emotions, and most importantly hope, to them while they're in the hospital. The project is called "Healing Smiles for Children with Cancer". That donation was actually my dad's birthday present... I donated to the organization in his honor... :)
That's also a benefit of the site. You can make donations in honor of others... It's a great idea for birthdays and holidays. I mean, instead of buying things for people that they might not use or that they probably don't need, why not donate money to help those around the world that are truly in need? Not only are you helping others, but it makes you feel pretty darn good as well... It's like the gift that keeps on giving! :)
I'll get off my soapbox now, and let you decide for yourself! :) If you're interested in learning more about this organization, click here for more information... I highly suggest checking it out! It's a great cause and it's something that you can feel good about doing! :)
Oh, and for those of you that would prefer to donate to more education related organizations, check this site out... It's called DonorsChoose.org. You can donate to classrooms in need, all over the U.S., to help students receive a better education! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment