Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quarter Call Out...

Hey all!  I'm taking a break from studying German... where compound words are on steroids, and there are waaaaay too many words that have the same meaning... ugh!  

I realize that I sometimes have a tendency to blog about the less desirable aspects of the German culture (e.g. the mean people I dealt with 2 weeks ago, the crazy bikers, etc...).  So, today, I thought I'd change it up a bit, and blog about something more positive... Our upstairs neighbor. :) Our upstairs neighbor is an older gentleman named Dieter.  He has made himself available if we should have any problems, and he stops in every so often to chat (as well as to check up on us! :)).  For Thanksgiving, he stopped by and dropped off a bottle of wine, and wished us a "Happy Thanksgiving".  He then explained that he knew how difficult it was to be away from home during the holidays, and he just wanted to make sure that we were able to celebrate and enjoy the day... How sweet was that?! :)  And just this evening, he stopped by to drop off some Christmas treats for us that he and his wife had made... He told us that his wife had wanted to make sure that "the young couple downstairs" was "well-fed and taken care of now that winter was upon us"... Too cute! :)  Needless to say, he's been great to have as a neighbor... Our apartment may not be the greatest place to live, but we definitely lucked out by having him as a neighbor! :)

At some point, Dieter mentioned that he collects the U.S. "50 State" Quarters.  He told us that he was just missing a few of the states, so we've decided to try to help him complete his collection... Being that he's been so nice to us, we wanted to do something nice for him... and now that the holidays are upon us, it seems to be a perfect time to help him out! :)  So, when we come home for the holidays (in 8 more days... yay!!), we plan to search for the quarters he needs to complete his collection.  This is where I'd also like to ask for some assistance... If you have any extra quarters laying around, would you please look through them to see if you have any of the quarters we're looking for... If you do find them, would you please set them aside, and when we get home, we'll swap quarters with you... The list of quarters that we need is as follows...

2006 Quarters 
Nevada 
South Dakota
North Dakota
Colorado

2007 Quarters
Washington
Montana
Idaho
Wyoming
Utah

2008 Quarters
Alaska
Arizona
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Hawaii

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated! :)  Well, on that note, I'm off to study some more German... Fun, fun!  I'm doing a little better at reading German, but speaking it is an entirely different story! :)  I hope you're having a great day!  And thanks, in advance, for the help with the quarters... We will see you soon... Yay!  Miss you much!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Does it matter which mint they were made in?! I mean the quarters have a D. or a P. on them..does he collect either or?!

Stacy said...

okay..I have 2007 Washington and 2008 New Mexico....I will keep looking. :)

Stacy said...

Okay..sorry here are the others I found.....2006: North Dakota....2007: Utah & Wyoming...2008: Alaska & Arizona. I will keep looking, but at least cross those off your list. :)

Kristin :) said...

Hey kiddo! You are on a mission!! :) Thanks for helping! I'll definitely cross those off the list... You are awesome!! :) And, as for what mint he collects, he didn't specify, but I really don't think he even realizes that we have the two mints, so either one is fine. :) Looking forward to seeing you (and celebrating your birthday!!) in 8 more days!! Yay!! Love ya lots kiddo!!