Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Markets, Sheep, and Book Exchanges...

Hey all!  I hope you're having a good Thursday... Only one more day 'til the weekend!  I'm really looking forward to this coming weekend... We're supposed to be moving into our new apartment, and we've also got plans to do some skiing in Austria... woohoo!  But, to be honest, the reason I'm most looking forward to the weekend is because it means it's one more day closer to us coming home for the holidays!!  And, after the day I've had, I'm very much looking forward to coming back to the good ole USA!!  

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to walk around downtown through the Friedrichshafen Christmas Market... Let's just say that it didn't quite compare to the Christmas Market in Nuremburg. :) But, it is a nice little set up...  I enjoyed just wandering through and looking at all of the different displays.  I was particularly impressed with the nativity scene they had set up... It was quite original, to say the least. :)  I took a few pictures so that you could see for yourself...



Yep, if you look close enough at the pictures, those are actually real sheep wandering around through the nativity scene!  Now that's something you just don't see everyday! :)  

Yesterday was quite fun... I attended an English Book Exchange.  It was hosted by an American woman who has lived here for over 20 years.  She has a huge collection of English/American books, which she sets up as a "library" downstairs.  She then invites people over to "check out" the books, and you're also able to donate any old books to the "library".  It was quite fun... And I got some new reading material out of it... yay!!  There were about 10 women which showed up for the book exchange, so before we visited the "library", we sat for a bit and chatted over coffee... I always find it nice to be able to talk with these women, as we can all relate to each other... We may all be at different stages, but we're all just trying to adjust to life in a different culture, which I might add, is NOT always an easy task! :) 

Well, on that note, I'm going to head off to bed... It'll probably be a long day tomorrow, as I have to start packing up the apartment so that we can get ready to move everything on Saturday... Wow, I feel like I basically just unpacked everything, and now I'm repacking it to move it again... Fun, fun!  I hope you're all having a great day!  I'll leave you with a couple more pictures of the Friedrichshafen Christmas Market... Enjoy!  Miss you much!

Not all of the stands were open yet... And, yes, it was raining yet again... 


Definitely not as big as the Nuremburg Market... :)

No comments: