Hey all! It's been a while since my last post, and I have to say that I'm feeling quite out of practice! :) Things have been going well here... I've definitely been keeping very busy! I've really enjoyed being able to spend some extra time with family and friends... But, I have to admit, the time has flown by and, unfortunately, I still haven't had time to see everyone I wanted to see... Crazy!
As for my visa "situation", it looks like the paperwork has finally been processed and everything has been approved... Thank goodness!! I mean, it only took the German government 2 1/2 months to figure out what they had to do... (I'm not bitter or anything! :)) So, by the looks of things, I'll probably be heading back to Germany in the very, very near future.
I have to admit that this whole situation has made me slightly bitter with the German government... It has shed new light on their culture, and it has definitely made me a much prouder American! And, as much as I look forward to going back so that I can see Brian again, I'm having a difficult time with the fact that I have to leave the U.S. and say goodbye to everyone AGAIN. I had a hard enough time saying goodbye back in August, but after being there for a few months, I finally started to adjust to life over there and I was doing quite well... And then they decided to send me back here. And, in turn, I've readjusted to being back here in the good ole USA... And now, I have to go back and do it all over again...ugh! And, don't get me wrong, I really shouldn't complain... It's a great opportunity for us and I truly appreciate that. But, at the same time, I'm still finding this whole situation slightly difficult.
On that note, it's time for me to head back up north... I'll keep you posted on when I get to return to Germany... And then, get ready for my daily blogs to start back up... yay! :) I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about!! Have a great Thursday!!
11 years ago


2 comments:
I am so glad for you that everything is all figured out! I miss your Germany blogs! I know you have had a horrid time with this Visa situation but I have heard of simialr situations here in the US as well. I know that it is very personal because it happened to you and verrrrrry frustrating:(
Thanks chica! :) I'm happy that things are finally situated again... It was such a pain! I have to admit though... I kind of missed blogging, so I'm glad to be able to blog again! :) Hope all is going well for you guys!
Post a Comment